Author Topic: Guides for RCI and Relations Values  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Cyprene

Guides for RCI and Relations Values
« on: April 15, 2014, 12:26:34 pm »
I actually just realized this when I was reading Keith Lamoth's reply to my post here: http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,15189.0.html

So this game has a lot of numbers for things like RCI, and relations values.  The numbers go in a range... I think from -100 to +100?  Or maybe I misread that.   Unfortunately, it's hard to get a feeling for what these numbers do sometimes.  If I go from +35 to +25, is that big?  Does that have a huge impact?  I have no idea.
Would it be possible to assign words to ranges of RCI and reputation values, so that those of us who aren't necessarily great at thinking with numberse can get a better feel for what's going on? I think it might add  some verisimilitude to be able to say "My relationship with the Peltians is awesome!" as opposed to "My relationship with the Peltians is +255!"

Values could be something like:
100+: Awesome
75-99: Great
50-74: Good
25-49: Decent
0-24: Mediocre
-1 to -24 : Bad
-25 to -49 : Awful
-50 to -74: Horrible
-75 to -99: Nightmarish
-100+:  Abominable

Where a numeric value currently appears, like Economic: +35, it would instead say Economic: +35 (Decent). 
I don't know how well this would work with line lengths and things like that, but I thought I should suggest it.  What do other players think about this idea?

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Guides for RCI and Relations Values
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 12:29:32 pm »
Good idea on the RCI values, that's one we'll have to add.

For influence and attitude, it already does that, though.  Are you not seeing that someplace?  Granted, we can't show that everywhere for space reasons, so maybe in the "about to do this action" thing is what you're referring to.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cyprene

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 12:52:37 pm »
Oh it does, in a few places.  I just didn't realized it.
It doesn't show on the After-Action report screen when you do a mission, which seems a logical place to have it.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 01:06:49 pm »
Ah, very good point!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk