Author Topic: How do I update files in the Mantis bugtracker?  (Read 977 times)

Offline Tormodino

• Newbie Mark II
How do I update files in the Mantis bugtracker?
« on: April 12, 2014, 06:29:00 pm »
I am getting quite a few errors in my log file, and I wanted to update the file in Mantis, but I am not able to. Is it not possible to delete and reupload a file to Mantis, or am I doing something wrong?

Seems wasteful to file a new ticket when these are general engine error messages that I can't really parse myself.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: How do I update files in the Mantis bugtracker?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 07:35:14 pm »
If you scroll down the screen inside a ticket -- not editing it at the time -- there is a field that lets you upload files.  But for added comments or uploads like that, you have to not be in edit mode first.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 07:41:02 pm »
I think the problem might be (or not) that Tormodino is trying to delete an already existing file and then put a new one in its place rather than upload a few different files. In the past I've just uploaded multiple files to the same report, so I'm not sure if deleting an existing one is possible.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 07:41:48 pm »
Oh, either way, you can just upload new ones.  I'm not sure about deleting if you're not an admin.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Tormodino

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 08:25:15 pm »
Aight. Seems I can't delete old files and report them. I'll just repost when I rack up some more errors.

Speaking of this, though, how essential are these error logs considering the great number of logged items? Are these as valuable as general feedback on balance and gameplay? It's hard to tell which are important and whether or not they have already been posted.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 07:16:46 am »
When in doubt: post. :)

I would rather have to close duplicates than have an error go unlogged.  It doesn't make me mad at all when people post duplicates.  Obviously I prefer not to have them, but when I get to close 3 tickets for doing one thing it actually feels kinda good, you know? ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk