Author Topic: New TLF Screenshots!  (Read 1063 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
New TLF Screenshots!
« on: April 08, 2014, 02:41:52 pm »
Original: http://christophermpark.blogspot.com/2014/04/new-tlf-screenshots.html

The Last Federation is a really unique game in that it is a strategy/tactics game set inside a simulation game.  Check out its game page for details, or swing by the forums for the game.  This is Arcen's largest title ever, and we're really excited to share it with folks.

Alpha Information! Private alpha testing with players is currently in progress, and we will be adding more players throughout the coming weeks leading up to release.  If you're interested in signing up, please see this forum post.

Screenshots for you!  The launch of the game is less than two weeks away, so these are the launch screenshots -- these particular screens aren't going to be changing much in terms of how they look between now and then, although some others are still very much in the process of being polished.

Enjoy!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
Re: New TLF Screenshots!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 02:59:43 pm »
I really like how those action selection screens are much prettier now.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 03:25:01 pm »
Thanks, me too!  I hadn't fully registered how much it was bothering me prior to that.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 03:29:06 pm »
Did you have to go to war with all 5 faction to get them firing at you? ;P

I must say, have never played long enough game-time to get so many armadas. EDIT: although I spent a lot of real time...

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 03:33:24 pm »
Haha, that's a combat practice that I set up.  We still use that for dev purposes, which is useful.

The number of armadas in that game is about 240 for the Peltians and 180 for the Andors, I think.  They are in the process of ripping the Burlusts and the Acutians to shreds, heh.  That's about 10 hours of gametime in, although it is a save from a much older version of a game before some of the newer armada logic was put in, so I doubt that that many would wind up sitting around unused for so long that they would collect like this anymore.  Who knows, but at any rate most races are now so aggressive after 100ish armadas that it tends to keep the armada counts to about a third of what is shown there.  Per race.  So that many total armadas is totally doable if you are helping out a lot of races and trying to keep it balanced Skyward-Collapse-style.  It's just harder to do now. :)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 05:28:59 pm »
Definitely your best looking game up to this date. Kudos!
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline fanneyjack

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 09:58:52 am »
In regards to the screenshots, they look really good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk