Author Topic: Extremely unlikely event or balance issue?  (Read 948 times)

Offline NichG

Extremely unlikely event or balance issue?
« on: October 12, 2014, 04:19:39 am »
So, I started a game today on Invasion mode (Hard strategic difficulty and Hard combat difficulty). After messing around for 20-30 solar months, I noticed that the Thoraxians were invading the single Obscura world. I went and assisted the invasion, and then just like that I had won - pretty much without having done anything.

It seems like either this was just a combination of very lucky events (the Obscura sending off all their ships to attack the Peltians, followed by the Thoraxians picking the Obscura to target instead of anyone else), but I figured I'd mention it as something the devs should be aware of. Unfortunately I don't have the save since the game was over and done so quickly (though maybe there's an autosave file or something?).

Offline DrFranknfurter

Re: Extremely unlikely event or balance issue?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 05:15:47 am »
It could be lucky... but it may also be reproducible. Race picking undefended targets (intelligent) + Thoraxians having an early game ground invasion advantage (thematic) does seem to allow them to capture worlds much more easily than other races (imbalanced if too common). I think capturing the Obscura world is merely the most extreme form of this. If you see it again or anyone else does I'm sure Arcen would find the save beforehand useful for balancing both Thoraxians and the Obscura in the early game.
I've seen the Thoraxians doing crazy things from time to time, especially if I'm not paying attention to them. But don't have any saves with the newest version *before* they do anything crazy... to see if it still happens like that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk