Poll

What 3 things would you like Arcen to focus on first?

Focus on low level mechanisms to improve game depth
12 (10.4%)
Federation Development
4 (3.5%)
Unique Race development
3 (2.6%)
Racial War AI
4 (3.5%)
Racial Strategic Level Mechanisms and AI
9 (7.8%)
Different Political Alliances
5 (4.3%)
Planetary Trade
1 (0.9%)
Pirate Enhancement
4 (3.5%)
Player Power
2 (1.7%)
Quests: More quests
5 (4.3%)
Quest/Event Chains
9 (7.8%)
RCI Rebalancing
5 (4.3%)
Ground Combat Rebalancing
0 (0%)
Defeated Race Mechanics
4 (3.5%)
Federation Formation Costs
1 (0.9%)
Player Credit Income Options
4 (3.5%)
Burlust Duels
1 (0.9%)
Player Weapon Variety
2 (1.7%)
Making better coffee in the morning
3 (2.6%)
Enemy Ship Variety
1 (0.9%)
Ship Graphics
0 (0%)
Combat Mission Balance, Gameplay, and Variety
4 (3.5%)
Autoresolve
1 (0.9%)
Additional Information Screens
1 (0.9%)
Increase Information Content and Mechanism Clarity
13 (11.3%)
Redesign Current Information Screens
2 (1.7%)
Modding Support
1 (0.9%)
Bug Fixing
2 (1.7%)
Automatic Event-driven Modifiable Pausing System
2 (1.7%)
Font Adjustments
2 (1.7%)
Steam Achievements
0 (0%)
Space to Ground Combat with Giant Hydra Robots
3 (2.6%)
Typos and Grammar
1 (0.9%)
Enable the console or other debug tools
1 (0.9%)
New Features
3 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: [Deprecated] Highest Priority Development Interest Poll [Updated for 1.016]  (Read 7635 times)

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
Re: Highest Priority Development Interest Poll [Updated for 1.016]
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2014, 04:13:24 am »
  • It generally takes me a lot longer to beat a megaman than 3 hours. In contrast though, you know what you are getting into in short action games. tLF is a 4x and I expect them to be meatier. I measure my time commitment to classics like M002, TA, EU, Stars!, and Civ probably in weeks (hopefully not months, please) not just hours. How many games come out these days with the depth to last that long? I don't think many (percentage-wise, do).
  • Massive bullet pointed rant about the industry deleted.
  • I think art, voice acting, race fiction, and steam achievements are not good uses of time at this stage in tLF's lifecycle.
  • I think the devs should spend time on checking and improving the fundamental mechanics. This game is complex, reading the patch notes makes this obvious. Reading the dev posts make it obvious. They have pointed out several times since release that the mechanics were performing differently than they had intended, but that hadn't had direct access to the information to be able to check it easily, until they started working on it.
  • However, that sort of bug fixing and improvement isn't immediately leading to selling more copies. So its understandable how it is low priority. If you read the patch comments and blogs, the devs are continuing to espouse new features as being the key to developed. That's because new features sell new copies.
  • Anyway, Arcen interest is focused on the expansion, adding new features, and their new titles. That's strong case for them believing that tLF is a complete product.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline wooaa

Re: Highest Priority Development Interest Poll [Updated for 1.016]
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2014, 02:26:18 am »
For me being able to set the amount of time on a dispatch mission is critical. I realy liked being able to fine tune that sort of thing. Since it was removed the game has not been as much fun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk