Author Topic: Boarine economy tanking  (Read 11007 times)

Offline Kakesh

Boarine economy tanking
« on: June 04, 2016, 09:47:10 am »
Just got back into this sweet title. Was watching some Extra Credits videos about not-so-well-known games with my roommate. It reminded me of this game, and after talking it up to him I had to dive back in.

So I've somehow managed to get most of my federation wiped out, but I have also wiped out most of the other races. I'm down to the Acutians and the Boarine. The Acutians have formed a fear empire, and the current game state is 4 to 3 planets (Acutians got off a planet cracker). I also have a rather serious problems.

So, here's my issue: on all of the Boarine planets, the Economy is dropping fairly quickly. Aid local economy can outpace it, but that is rather difficult to do on all 3 planets. There is no negative economy trend on any planets.

Also, the Acutians have their economy rising on all planets. Again, I can keep it down with Undermine Local Economy, and there is no positive economy trend on any planet.

I guess my question is, what is causing this? Is it the rampant piracy perhaps?

I have been able to keep the Acutians at bay so far but with their production continually ramping up it is rather difficult. I have sabotaged all of their planets other RCI values into oblivion, but I cannot keep their production down and the Boarine's up at the same time. I would like to make this into a win.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
Re: Boarine economy tanking
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 01:01:02 pm »
I would like to make this into a win.
Maybe you've already lost. If you somehow let the Acutians take over the solar system, a lone Hydral and the reclusive Boarines won't be able to do much to stop them. And even if you do, what federation could you build on these ruins? There seems to be no more ways for a peace between Acutians and Boarines, right? Then what federation will it be, if only one survive?

You were suppose to unite your solar system for the fate that struck your race shall strike no more. Sacrificing the more belligerent races sounds acceptable for the greater good, but your goal was to unite. If only two antagonist races are left, you've lost a long time ago.

Renounce, Hydral. Leave this decaying sun and go among the Stars; they're not Beyond Reach. Carry your guilt, meditate on your failure, and maybe you'll find Life At The End Of The Universe.

Also, Extra Credits rocks!
 ;D
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Kakesh

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 07:54:37 pm »
Oh, rest assured my alternate universe counterpart, I am aware that my chances at a truly united solar system is beyond my reach.

My only hope is that I can aid the Boarine in inventing time travel so I mayo back and correct mistakes. However that will be difficult with their inability to maintain even a bare minimum economy on any of their worlds. I must figure out WHY so that I may prevent this from happening in the past.

The only hope for this possible future is protecting the scant remnants of my former allies underneath the iron hoofed rule of the Boarine.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 05:14:51 am »
Then I wish you luck; you'll need it.

I'm afraid there's nothing more I can do. That Boarine economy strangely decreasing is beyond me. The only piece of advice I could give you would be to check the other parameters: health and population growth, order and crime, usable land... Maybe a silent problem is causing that trend.

I hope you'll be able to research time travel and save your solar system.
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Kakesh

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 05:27:09 am »
I figured out the problem. The Acutians have a new building that damages enemy economies. I found it during a sabotage attack.

Also, great news. I have swayed some of the former pirates to my cause, and effectively revived the Peltian, Skylaxian, and Evucks. The Evucks were not in the original federation, but after some Hydral inspiration, the Skylaxians convinced them to join. Each race has one planet currently, thanks to the Acutians liberal planet cracker use (is there a way to stop this if they hate me and the Andor are permanently extinct?) I seem to have managed to turn my desperate situation around, and am working on poisoning and polluting the last remaining Acutians world. It shall soon fall like all the others, and the solar system shall be at peace.

Offline Kakesh

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 05:42:46 am »
And victory. About 100 turns before the Acutians got another planet cracker off. Their last world was the Boarine's original homeworld, so I thought it would be fitting to return it to them. Off to bigger and brighter things. (Still never had a 'perfect' game
 Let's see if I can do it)

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 04:38:57 pm »
Congratulations!

I'm glad you did it, even against such tremendous odds. Four rares revived, that's quite an achievement. Yay to you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk