Author Topic: Any serious way to destroy enemy various alliances besides killing them all ?  (Read 1486 times)

Offline kasnavada

• Hero Member Mark II
As in the title.

As of the last update, it seems that you can't bribe people out of the hostile alliances because they are in an hostile alliance.

Can anything else be done ?

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
If you hover over any hostile alliance icon on the solar map, it gives you the details of what you have to do to force dissolution.  With most of them it is when only a single member is left it dissolves.  So pick who you want to live, and kill the others, typically.  This was actually how it was always meant to be, but a bug until the last version made it so that you could still bribe them out after all.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline GC13

• Full Member Mark III
What are the odds that we'll eventually be able to sow dissent in the alliance? Or are alliances pretty much set in stone?
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Hari must be destroyed.

Offline kasnavada

• Hero Member Mark II
That's kinda problematic... an alliance seems to form evey time I get a third race into the federation. The only way I found to prevent this is to get all races in the federation at once, but that poses problems because fear empires tend to form before that. And a fear empire is a game over, basically. No way to gain any influence anywhere. Also, since that race gained 4 planets, it's basically the strongest. I've never seen the others beating them back yet.

The enemy alliance are pretty much set in stone then. Shouldn't there be other options to dissolve them like getting them to hate each other ? And I kinda liked the "bribing them out". Stronger incentive might be necessary there maybe ?

Offline BobTheJanitor

• Master Member Mark II
I don't think anything with an Arcen game is ever 'set in stone' so I wouldn't worry about that. The various anti federation groups and ways of dealing with them do feel a bit rudimentary at this point, but that just means there's lots of room for them to grow. Start percolating ideas in your brain and post them on mantis!

Offline GC13

• Full Member Mark III
Well I meant the alliance itself in the game as it stands right now, not the concept of alliances as they might end up.

I'm just really wondering how to unite all of the races if guys immediately form an anti-Federation of their own. Do I need to make it so that the non-Federation races like me first? Or should I be more worried about how they feel about the Federation races? Or maybe the Federation races' opinion of them?

Offline DBrickShaw

• Newbie Mark II
As far as I can tell (although I may be wrong on this), spontaneously formed alliances will never include non-spacefaring races. It seems to me that the only way to create a federation without at least one genocide is to start the federation very early, and make sure you bring new races into the federation fast enough that there's never 3 non-aligned races which are already spacefaring.

Offline GC13

• Full Member Mark III
That's a tall order. I know it's been done, but I don't know how I could get my influence and the race relations high enough for that to happen quickly enough to do that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk