Author Topic: Another expansion?  (Read 2799 times)

Offline tbrass

• Jr. Member Mark II
Another expansion?
« on: May 18, 2015, 05:09:52 pm »
Hi Chris,

Do you plan to continue expanding TLF, a la AI War, or was Betrayed Hope the only expansion in the works?

Also - wow, having the first 6 or so posts stickied really makes it feel like the forum is dead, even if people are occasionally posting here!)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 05:11:28 pm by tbrass »

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
Re: Another expansion?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 05:11:56 pm »
I really hope there will be more. I still miss a time trial mode or something similiar. And TLF makes a good base for more expansions since you can play different modes, can change races or add a lot more ships, abilities and buildings to it.

Offline tbrass

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 05:16:09 pm »
I'd like expanded strategic options - uncolonized planets, more races, perhaps a mode where you can recreate the hydrals AND form a federation (and face off against the obscura).

I don't know if TLF:BH economically justified such an addition though...

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 05:33:11 pm »
things will pick up again when Chris is finished(quotation marks needed) with sbr (hopefully) and I absolutely agree on the topic of expansions the very idea of adding new mechanics races and so on has me practically frothing at the mouth tlf feels for lack of a better word unfinished I think this game has untapped potential for awesome ness.
c.r

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 05:42:57 pm »
Economically betrayed hope did probably justify another expansion, but I'd have to check to be sure. I'm not sure when a timeframe for a new expansion here would be, but it is definitely something that I have not ruled out in the slightest. This is currently still our #2 game behind AI War. I just don't really have mindspace for anything else right now, and a new expansion for TLF would not be an economically wise choice for us at this particular time. But that should hopefully change once we have more of a sure footing after SBR.

Good point on all the stickies, I removed some of those.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline tbrass

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 05:56:59 pm »
And the people were happy. Thanks, Chris!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 07:02:05 pm »
You bet. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 07:14:09 pm »
sweeeeet! (new races for the win!)
c.r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk