Author Topic: Alpha plans, as of the 29th.  (Read 6459 times)

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
Re: Alpha plans, as of the 29th.
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2014, 12:41:29 pm »
A side benefit of the battlefield objectives is that if for the future you add in defenses / fortifications you already have it mostly done. Just make the object ownership set to the defending entity.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2014, 12:43:31 pm »
Yep, precisely. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2014, 08:12:36 pm »
Mick said " The times where any fancy strategery came in were pretty much where there were environmental options for them to do clever things with. "

Actually, you gave me an idea that if there were larger and more numerous asteroids, or debris in the battlefield, then that could act as 'ground cover' to hide behind or attack from. It's probably obvious and i think Chris said something about putting that in anyway, so i guess i am seconding his idea to add stuff like that.  :)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2014, 08:30:57 pm »
The asteroids actually do get a lot more numerous in the asteroid belt, and likewise with the ice in the ice belt.  After a while the junk can really build up around planets, too, unless the races harvest the junk.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2014, 09:07:02 am »
Hiding behind asteroids and ice chunks is part of my strategy whenever they are available.  Running the same battle multiple times, it has often meant the difference between victory and defeat.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2014, 10:04:54 am »
Definitely -- the tactics of doing that sort of thing really makes a big difference.  As of .101, the enemy does that sort of thing more, too.  With .102 or .103 (whichever it turns out to be), the ancient hydral technology captures will be equally (or even more so) important.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk