Author Topic: A rich source of castor was found  (Read 1744 times)

Offline DakaSha

A rich source of castor was found
« on: April 18, 2014, 08:17:04 pm »
I just started playing and when helping the pelt.. whatever.. the owl people, colonize a moon, it took exactly zero days, and the twitter thing said they had found a rich source of castor (the name of the planet)

I did this over and over and the same thing happened every time. The report would say some mineral was found, then the twitter would say castor was found, and no time would pass at all

If this is indeed a bug, how long shoudl I wait before the game is playable?

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: A rich source of castor was found
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 08:25:05 pm »
The game's quite playable, but you have to understand just how many actions there are in this game.  Somewhere on the order of 400.  A few of them are infrequently-enough used that they may have gotten busted during the final polish phase and nobody noticed.  It was working at one point.  At any rate, sounds like something to throw onto mantis, and we'll check it out on Monday.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline DakaSha

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 09:00:03 pm »
I didn't mean to sound quite that smarmy but I was asking an honest question. I know that complex gameswill always have bugs but *about* how long would you recommend somebody as OCD as me to wait until the community finds the most obvious stuff, now that a larger group of people are playing

That was literally the first action i did in game (fromt he selected lists.. the first was actually one of the quests) so my guess is that there is more to be found

Offline Azurian

• Space is a beautiful place
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 09:09:30 pm »
I didn't mean to sound quite that smarmy but I was asking an honest question. I know that complex gameswill always have bugs but *about* how long would you recommend somebody as OCD as me to wait until the community finds the most obvious stuff, now that a larger group of people are playing

That was literally the first action i did in game (fromt he selected lists.. the first was actually one of the quests) so my guess is that there is more to be found

In my personal opinion, maybe wait about 1 week if you are OCD about finding errors. He said the next patch is on Monday. 
PLEASE REPORT FEEDBACK TO MANTIS IF YOU WANT THEM TO SEE IT!
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view_all_bug_page.php

Offline DakaSha

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 04:36:51 am »
I gave it a go anyways and it seems like none  (or at least none of the ones i tried) of the government things are taking any time. Brokered a trade, was told it took 2 months, no time passes

Offline DakaSha

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 06:43:43 am »
The 'Industrialize' option is also balls for skylaxian (it removes negative environmental trend, adds environment, and throws an error message) :-/
Where do i report this stuff.. i have a feeling I'm going to come across a lot of it.

I'm playing regardless though.. thats a good sign :P
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 06:47:36 am by DakaSha »

Offline DakaSha

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 07:16:37 am »
Able to select boarines for the clean up afa insurgents mission, despite boarine belonging to the AFA and having -100 relation modifier..

edit: and after selecting first the peltians, and then the thoraxians to help clean them up, i get an 'attacked by afa' mission with no help by the selected races, and I'm told to flee.

Ill pass for now.. sigh
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 07:28:14 am by DakaSha »

Offline Endymion

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 08:57:46 am »
Where do i report this stuff.. i have a feeling I'm going to come across a lot of it.
www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/
I'm making videogames! You can read more about whatever I'm doing here

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk