Author Topic: A question regarding the special traits of the races  (Read 10248 times)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
A question regarding the special traits of the races
« on: April 17, 2014, 08:15:05 am »
I think I remember something being said about the individual traits of the races back when they were first introduced:

- Skylaxians are good at research
- Peltians are good at bombing stuff into the stone age from orbit
- etc

Are these actually represented in the game using real bonuses? If so, is there a way to view them in hard numbers yet?
Might be good to know *how* good e.g. the Peltians are at bombing ;)...

Or are they just part of the flavor text?
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
Re: A question regarding the special traits of the races
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 08:22:58 am »
This article http://christophermpark.blogspot.com/2013/12/what-i-love-about-each-race-in-last.html really elaborated on a lot of the cool behind the scenes aspects of each race, but how much of this is really transparent to the player within the game itself? Like, when the Peltians attack a planet, does the game relay the information about the "suicide pods", or is it just calculations happening behind the scenes?

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 08:26:56 am »
This article http://christophermpark.blogspot.com/2013/12/what-i-love-about-each-race-in-last.html really elaborated on a lot of the cool behind the scenes aspects of each race, but how much of this is really transparent to the player within the game itself? Like, when the Peltians attack a planet, does the game relay the information about the "suicide pods", or is it just calculations happening behind the scenes?
That's my question ;D. Curious what Chris & Co will say...
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline Hyfrydle

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 08:43:02 am »
I had suicide pods mentioned in one of my games, I can't remember if it related to the Peltians though.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 08:53:15 am »
None of that was flavor text, it's all regarding real things.  Some of it is more transparent than others.  With the peltians doing suicide pods, that not only is a mechanic that works differently than ground combat, it's something that you see happening on the sidebar as well.

THAT said, a lot of the numbers are too subtle.  Thanks for thinking of this, I'm going to twist some dials right now. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 08:54:19 am »
None of that was flavor text, it's all regarding real things.  Some of it is more transparent than others.  With the peltians doing suicide pods, that not only is a mechanic that works differently than ground combat, it's something that you see happening on the sidebar as well.

THAT said, a lot of the numbers are too subtle.  Thanks for thinking of this, I'm going to twist some dials right now. :)
:D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk