Author Topic: A question on negative events happening to planets  (Read 1845 times)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
A question on negative events happening to planets
« on: April 26, 2014, 10:28:42 am »
Hi all.

I got a question regarding the various negative events that may hit a planet (like stock market crash etc.).
Is there any way to "fix" these before they "time out" on their own?

The player in me tends to see these events as objectives to be accomplished/fixed, especially if they happen to a race I am inclined to pamper at the moment.

I tried to fix their effects (like negative trends on some RCI values etc.) by doing dispatches to increase the respective RCI values,  telling them to focus on improving the respective value and even making them build buildings that could help to remedy the situation, but this
a) apparently never was enough to compensate for the downward spiral/trend induced by the event
b) would not cause the respective "icon" on the solar map disappear (disrupting my objective accomplished logic ;))

Is this intended?
Is there some way that I am missing?
Does somebody feel the same?

If so, providing dedicated dispatches to remedy these events might be a good way to address this.
Mantised here
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 10:31:33 am by nas1m »
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
Re: A question on negative events happening to planets
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 11:36:17 am »
Hi all.

I got a question regarding the various negative events that may hit a planet (like stock market crash etc.).
Is there any way to "fix" these before they "time out" on their own?

The player in me tends to see these events as objectives to be accomplished/fixed, especially if they happen to a race I am inclined to pamper at the moment.

I tried to fix their effects (like negative trends on some RCI values etc.) by doing dispatches to increase the respective RCI values,  telling them to focus on improving the respective value and even making them build buildings that could help to remedy the situation, but this
a) apparently never was enough to compensate for the downward spiral/trend induced by the event
b) would not cause the respective "icon" on the solar map disappear (disrupting my objective accomplished logic ;))

Is this intended?
Is there some way that I am missing?
Does somebody feel the same?

If so, providing dedicated dispatches to remedy these events might be a good way to address this.
Mantised here

Like you I really want to dive in and fix the problem when something happens to one of the races I like.
I am unsure if the events are intended to be absolute or not, but I agree it would be nice to counter them in
some way if we can. It is sort of a new kind of mission.  :)

Anyway, have you posted this to mantis? Maybe Chris and company would be willing to give us ways to counter
the bad things that happen?

try this

http://www.arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=AI_War_-_MantisBT_Overview

:)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Re: A question on negative events happening to planets
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 02:03:54 pm »
Mantised here
Anyway, have you posted this to mantis? Maybe Chris and company would be willing to give us ways to counter the bad things that happen?
I have indeed (see my adjusted quote above) ;)
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk