Author Topic: The Last Federation "Betrayed Hope" (GOG Version) DLC won't install  (Read 2943 times)

Offline Erzerpel

I am truly sorry to post this here, but there seems to be something wrong with TLF's Betrayed Hope DLC available via GOG (at least for Mac users). It simply won't install. The pkg file loads fine, asks for the password and moves on to copying the files until it suddenly stops just before the end, saying: The installation failed ... Contact the software manufacturer for assistance". Well here I am. Please help, because I am dying to play it.

I also attached a screenshot of the error message...

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: The Last Federation "Betrayed Hope" (GOG Version) DLC won't install
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 04:28:18 pm »
Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear about this.  I'm not sure what the problem is, as GOG makes the installers.  I will follow up with them about a resolution, and they may contact you for more info if you can help them.  But in the meantime if you want to send me your proof of purchase at arcengames at gmail dot com, then I can send you our own drm-free package for the expansion, letting you get that in place while the issue with the GOG installer is sorted out.

Thanks for your support and understanding!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 08:15:12 am »
Hi there, I have a response from GOG:

Could you have the user submit a ticket via this link:

http://www.gog.com/support/contact/technical_issues_with_games/the_last_federation_betrayed_hope

Please tell them that they should choose as their problem type "installation issues" from the drop down menu.  I know our support system isn't the easiest to use but I think this might be an error on our side but we need all the info that that particular user can provide.

Sorry for the delayed response, gotta love the holiday season :)

Incidentally, we never received an email from you at the email address I mentioned in my first post.  If it just didn't come through for some reason, feel free to PM me.

Thanks again for your support!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 08:16:47 am »
Scratch that!  Another response from GOG just came in.  The other was from during the night while I was asleep.  They say:

OK the problem was definitely on our side. Please tell the user to simply re-download the DMG for the base game and install it. For some reason the updated Mac installer for The Last Federation got removed but we relinked it in our users' accounts.

In order to ensure everything works as intended on a Mac, please make sure that the updated Mac DMG is downloaded and ran before installing the GOG version of the Betrayed Hope DLC.

The file that the Mac user should have is the_last_federation_2.0.0.7.dmg :)

Let me know if I can help with anything else :)

Ditto here!

Offline Erzerpel

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 11:53:56 am »
It works! Hooray! Thank you for efforts and your offer, but I won't be needing the code now.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 12:00:06 pm »
Absolutely my pleasure! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk