Author Topic: *Articuno* First Impressions  (Read 1683 times)

Offline Azurian

• Space is a beautiful place
*Articuno* First Impressions
« on: April 13, 2014, 12:58:43 am »
System Specs
17 inch 1280 x1024 Monitor connected to Laptop (the laptop backlight is gone)
Windows 7 64-bit SP1
4 GB of RAM

AMD Athlon(tm) II Dual-Core M320 (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series, (DirectX 11, 336 RAM)

I launched The Last Federation and am viewing the game with fresh eyes, with the only information I have from the forums.

I am typing as I have thoughts of the game.

Title Screen
+Really love the ticker in the bottom, it makes the game feel like it is alive, kinda like a Sim City vibe.
+The Title Screen to me at first impression screams that its a scifi simulation game.

Settings Screen
+Curious what "Specialty Unlock Code" in Extras  means. I think it might be some sort of password system  you can use after a play through to keep the settings from yor previous game? ???

Achievements
+Happy to see that their are achievements and love the icons.

+Saw the Steam Leaderboard and it just made the game feel competitive rather then just a casual game.

Credits
+I think the list of Alpha Testers could scroll up a bit faster if there are going to be 100+ Testers.

+ I think under copyright 2014 Arcen Games line on the left, there could be a quote/line from Arcen games thanking the players for buying the game and/or some flavor text. It just seems to me like something should be visible in that much of blank space.

+The logo Arcen Games, I think should be on the lower right corner and made bigger.

+ The close button should be a bit bigger, because its hard to see.

Ok I pressed the Quick Start button, and am playing in Normal mode.

+I like the Hurry Up button and the Art work is phenomenal in the colors used.

Tutorial: Combat mode
+ I wish the enemy flagships had some sort of visible healthbar . I see it took  50,000 Shield Damage.

Was expecting a system underneath the flagship like this:

SHIELD DMG
100% /100 %

Green = hull, Blue =shield

This way I don't have to keep glancing to the textbox in the bottom to see when the flagship will die.

Okay, I unlocked Power Management and the tutorial explains in a simple manner what it does.

Wow, the Shift to create Waypoints sounds like it must be a core fundamental to combat.

Glad I don't have to memorize all this info, sonce I can press ESCAPE key to open up my logbook.

I am lost in the Power Hotkeys, I wish it would tell you in the Toolbox when you are selected Power Management settings. Um, let me see if the Log Book has an entry about hotkeys. 

Okay so I go into my Log Book and see that I don't have to pause my game . Nice. Let me find the Hotkeys section.

I clicked Settings then Combat. Under Combat I go to Page 2 and see the Power Management hotkeys.  I will have to write them down on paper. Just saw that Screenshot is F12.

Took 19 Turns to destroy both Flag Ships.

Pressed End Combat, wished Close Button was bigger.

I am really sleepy, so I will have to play the main game tomorrow morning. I am excited to play but have no mental energy left.
PLEASE REPORT FEEDBACK TO MANTIS IF YOU WANT THEM TO SEE IT!
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view_all_bug_page.php

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
Re: *Articuno* First Impressions
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 06:41:06 pm »
Mantising. (This just means that I'm putting some of this feedback onto the Mantis bugracker for ease of access and visibility to the devs). Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk