General Category > Starward Rogue

Version 0.800 is now out! (Holy moly lots of new stuff).

(1/4) > >>

x4000:
I don't even know what to say with this one.  We utterly dropped the ball with the release notes, because there was so much new stuff that was constantly coming that it didn't make it in: https://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Starward_Rogue:Early_Alpha_Release_Notes#Version_0.800

Sorry!  We wouldn't do that on a released game, as you know.  And it's odd that we did it on an alpha even, but I suppose that's just a reflection of how much we've been rushing around.

Anyway, in general:
1. Tons of new enemies and items and balance on both.
2. Oh, and rooms.
3. Tons of new room features, most of which are not used yet.
4. Completely new floor generation logic for individual floors of dungeons -- way more satisfying to explore.
5. Some new sound effects implemented, way more curated for very soon integration.
6. Small parts of the real UI implemented, with most of the rest of it coming tomorrow and the next few days after that.
7. Tons of bugfixes.
8. A lot of new art.  Still more coming, though.
9. More meta progression stuff... oh, and a variety of new room types.  Some of the new shop types and item room types aren't set up correctly yet, just FYI.
10. The first minibosses and condemned (formerly challenge) rooms.  The condemned rooms right now are way over the top hard, sorry about that.  Balance for lower difficulties still needs to be put in for that.
11. We actually have both Final Bosses (the pretend one and the real one).  The secret ultra-final boss is still to come.  Here again, difficulty on the lower levels isn't set up correctly yet.
12. Uh... I can't even remember.  Oh, the control scheme changed again, for the better.  Man there's a lot of stuff.

It's incredibly late and I need sleep.  If you have feedback, please shoot it over to us on mantis.  We'll be going into hardcore polish mode next week and the week after, leading up to a release on the 22nd of this month.  We want to get the biggest stuff in this next week, and then the final stuff the week after.

On the one hand I feel like I've been running around with my hair on fire and I hate that rushing feeling... but on the other hand, WOW I am really pleased with how this is turning out.  It is taking a whole town, more than just a village, to bring this to life.  But wow is it ever coming to life. :)

Pepisolo:
The potential of this game is pretty huge. The engine itself is becoming more and more awesome over time. I'm still not too sure about the mech change, heh, but it's probably no biggie. I just hope it polishes up nicely and sells well. Then the true potential can become unlocked post 1.0. Imagine if you had this game, and then you also added the outside space sections,  and multiplayer, too! Wow!

TheVampire100:
The new Hunter boss looks cool, acts cool but is annoying as bubblegum that sticks on your thing on your foot. And since thelast patch I sem to have him always on the first floor. i simply cannot get past him, in the latter phase of the fight he just throws his lance attack too fast.
Also, suggestion: Rename him to predator because we all know what you did there.

Pepisolo:

--- Quote from: TheVampire100 on January 09, 2016, 09:06:23 pm ---The new Hunter boss looks cool, acts cool but is annoying as bubblegum that sticks on your thing on your foot. And since thelast patch I sem to have him always on the first floor. i simply cannot get past him, in the latter phase of the fight he just throws his lance attack too fast.
Also, suggestion: Rename him to predator because we all know what you did there.

--- End quote ---

Lol, the name just came to me, didn't really get it from anywhere. There's a problem with The Hunter at the moment that means he's shooting his red attack all the time rather than just at close range... there's also a bug that means that it's stationary rather than moving, it's supposed to chase you down, actually. I'll look into toning him down a bit in the future, cheers.

PokerChen:
The room you fight the Hunter miniboss in is a little small. Well, I had a lot of trouble until I learned there's a sprint key and you can run 100% of the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version