Author Topic: The SR Let's Play thread  (Read 45171 times)

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
Re: The SR Let's Play thread
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 02:49:19 am »
I learned the hard way that grenade launcher hurts oneself. One really good run stopped short by a ricochet grenade. :)
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 09:12:59 am »
I actually believe that self damage thing was intentional, but maybe it shouldn't be. I don't really like the grenade launcher friendly fire, either. I think it might be better to remove all forms of friendly fire at this point. I don't think there are many other instances of it left in the game.

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2016, 09:29:28 am »
I actually believe that self damage thing was intentional, but maybe it shouldn't be. I don't really like the grenade launcher friendly fire, either. I think it might be better to remove all forms of friendly fire at this point. I don't think there are many other instances of it left in the game.
Just a thought, but if the grenade launcher wasn't marked as "not really explosive", the player could eventually counter the friendly fire with an explosive immunity item/perk (which are nigh useless so far). By the way, why were all explosive weapons marked with "does not count as explosive"? Seems strange.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 10:15:26 am »
Just a thought, but if the grenade launcher wasn't marked as "not really explosive", the player could eventually counter the friendly fire with an explosive immunity item/perk (which are nigh useless so far). By the way, why were all explosive weapons marked with "does not count as explosive"? Seems strange.

I think that's a vague way of saying "these shots will not destroy missile blocks". Maybe we should just clearly outright say that instead.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2016, 11:18:23 pm »
re:Misery
The item works are written and perhaps as intended.

re:friendly fire
I've been on the fence. I think removing friendly fire would probably be the best option right now. The current damage type situation really asks for it.

re:immunities to damage types
It's a bit of a mess under the hood.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2016, 09:48:52 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emhQQC_DxMU

WZ, Episode 49: Rails

Zeph really really likes Magnetic Offense. Things of note: on occasion the player seems to be able to simply run through lasers without taking damage. I thought that was fixed a while back, but I guess it still occasionally happens. To Zeph, regarding Code Annihilate, that was one of the consumables that I didn't work on during the overhaul because it seemed fine at the time... I think it's probably best to remove the friendly fire on that and clarify the description a bit more, though. As for this run, railgun plus railgun module is probably going to result in a successful run. Probably.

Offline windlesszephyr

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2016, 05:06:52 am »
For the record, I know I don't converse too often here, but I just want to say I adore the conversations that my videos spark. Seeing this thread and its predecessor active makes me really really happy.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2016, 06:17:31 pm »
For the record, I know I don't converse too often here, but I just want to say I adore the conversations that my videos spark. Seeing this thread and its predecessor active makes me really really happy.

Thanks for making the videos! :) They're always entertaining and also provide a lot of good feedback on the game. It's great to see your reactions as the game evolves over time. Expect a lot more improvements in the future.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2016, 08:55:33 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz1CQFh8k-g

WZ, Episode 50: Even More Rails

Yep, Precision Railgun was picked up, too. As suspected, this run turned into a bit of a steamrollering. This probably shows that the end game scaling is probably still off -- I think we all know that by now, though, of course. Although, this was always going to be a bit of a powerhouse run, lots of good gear was picked up. Regarding Zeph's idea for an item that gives missiles a flaming AOE residue, I believe that's possible. What would be good is the addition of a few missile launcher new weapons. The lack of any alternative missile launchers is something that would be nice to address at some point.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2016, 11:59:07 pm »

Thanks for making the videos! :) They're always entertaining and also provide a lot of good feedback on the game. It's great to see your reactions as the game evolves over time. Expect a lot more improvements in the future.

Yeah, I'll second this.  They're typically very entertaining.  And I always get a kick out of watching people play this.

Also helps for bug finding, really.  I've found LOTS of enemy-related glitches this way.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2016, 03:49:17 am »
I tried hard mode again yesterday. I ALMOST beat Mother...

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2016, 03:58:04 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz1CQFh8k-g

WZ, Episode 50: Even More Rails

Yep, Precision Railgun was picked up, too. As suspected, this run turned into a bit of a steamrollering. This probably shows that the end game scaling is probably still off -- I think we all know that by now, though, of course. Although, this was always going to be a bit of a powerhouse run, lots of good gear was picked up. Regarding Zeph's idea for an item that gives missiles a flaming AOE residue, I believe that's possible. What would be good is the addition of a few missile launcher new weapons. The lack of any alternative missile launchers is something that would be nice to address at some point.

About the launchers, I wont go into specifics on the forum here for obvious reasons, but we did discuss this internally at one point; I don't remember exactly when or I'd point you out to one of the emails that was about this.  The ideas in that should be perfectly valid though, as far as I know.    And considering current plans, well... yeah, it'd go along with that nicely.

"Mother"...?

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2016, 04:10:24 am »

"Mother"...?
Crystal Mother. There's only one "mother" in the game ;)

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2016, 05:21:06 am »
I actually find Crystal Mother to be the easiest to deal with. Just slowly walk in circles around her. I can usually get past her on hard now. The early boss I generally have the most problems with is Backfire I think. Mirror and Wall something aren't very nice to me either.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2016, 07:03:11 am »
I keep screwing up her second stage. Even though I'm careful, there's just so much stuff flying around. I just need practice but...gah.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk