General Category > Starward Rogue

The most important question.

<< < (2/2)

ElOhTeeBee:

--- Quote from: Misery on October 07, 2015, 10:54:47 am ---Well that'd sure be nice if it happens.

Either way I've at least got Eschatos and Raiden 4 to play until that comes out.  Excellent year for this genre so far.

--- End quote ---
Having finished it a few days ago, I can safely recommend Undertale. Not only is the combat vaguely shmuppy, but it's a great game in general.

--- Quote from: Mánagarmr on October 08, 2015, 03:46:34 am ---I love the expression "good bad dialogue"

--- End quote ---
Can you think of a better way to describe Zero Wing's intro? I sure can't.

Mánagarmr:

--- Quote from: ElOhTeeBee on October 08, 2015, 07:46:15 am ---Can you think of a better way to describe Zero Wing's intro? I sure can't.

--- End quote ---
To be fair, that's no "good" bad dialogue. That's just cringeworthy and horrible. The only reason it has any "cool" is because of the "all your base are belong to us" meme. Personally, I don't find it the least bit amusing.

dfinlay:

--- Quote from: ElOhTeeBee on October 08, 2015, 07:46:15 am ---Having finished it a few days ago, I can safely recommend Undertale. Not only is the combat vaguely shmuppy, but it's a great game in general.

--- End quote ---

As amazing as Undertale is, I wouldn't recommend it to someone looking for a shmup. That's really not what you play Undertale for.

Draco18s:

--- Quote from: Mánagarmr on October 08, 2015, 09:03:12 am ---
--- Quote from: ElOhTeeBee on October 08, 2015, 07:46:15 am ---Can you think of a better way to describe Zero Wing's intro? I sure can't.

--- End quote ---
To be fair, that's no "good" bad dialogue. That's just cringeworthy and horrible. The only reason it has any "cool" is because of the "all your base are belong to us" meme. Personally, I don't find it the least bit amusing.

--- End quote ---

I was introduced to it as a dubbed item, where someone had taken it and legitimately put voice to it in all of the terrible badness that it was, matching acting ability with the poor translation, which just made it cult-B-movie-classic funny.

Sadly that version has sunk out of my ability to find it ever again because there's so many "dubbed" versions now and they're all less good (or do remixing* and that's just annoying).  Thus it has become trope and meme and no longer amusing.

*"All your base, base, base, base, all your base are belong to us" instead of "All your base are belong to us."

gnosis:
Ah the AYBABTU meme brings so many memories...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version