Author Topic: Steam page is up! (If you have something to say after playing, PLEASE review!)  (Read 48769 times)

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
you never with the over whelming amount of positivity form the people who have actually played it might just get there. (not to portal obviously comparing anything sales wise to portal is a waste since its been out for years and has valve behind it who are made of money)

There is actually a slim outside of chance of the game cracking the top 25 steam games of all time list. If the game were to keep it's current 99% rating after 500 reviews (I think) then that should put us somewhere in the top 25. Probably not very realistic, heh, but you never know. A more realistic target would be to get into the Overwhelmingly Positive tier which I think is a 95% or more rating after 500 reviews. I would be quite disappointed if we didn't eventually break into this tier, given how great a start we've made. This would be Arcen's first game to achieve Overwhelmingly Positive status, which should probably be good for long-term sales -- you'd think, t least!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
you never with the over whelming amount of positivity form the people who have actually played it might just get there. (not to portal obviously comparing anything sales wise to portal is a waste since its been out for years and has valve behind it who are made of money)

There is actually a slim outside of chance of the game cracking the top 25 steam games of all time list. If the game were to keep it's current 99% rating after 500 reviews (I think) then that should put us somewhere in the top 25. Probably not very realistic, heh, but you never know. A more realistic target would be to get into the Overwhelmingly Positive tier which I think is a 95% or more rating after 500 reviews. I would be quite disappointed if we didn't eventually break into this tier, given how great a start we've made. This would be Arcen's first game to achieve Overwhelmingly Positive status, which should probably be good for long-term sales -- you'd think, t least!

Would need some luck for that though.

I'm surprised we havent gotten at least a few more negative reviews simply because the game doesnt use 3D hyper HDR bloom omega bump-mapped XP graphics or whatever damn terms they're using now.  And there's no cutscenes, oh noes!  *I* am thankful for that bit, but too many people out there get bothered by it.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.

Would need some luck for that though.

I'm surprised we havent gotten at least a few more negative reviews simply because the game doesnt use 3D hyper HDR bloom omega bump-mapped XP graphics or whatever damn terms they're using now.  And there's no cutscenes, oh noes!  *I* am thankful for that bit, but too many people out there get bothered by it.
1 so does everything in life really I think it should get there in due time

2 really? I've never really seen that for games like star ward. (in nice ish mechanic heavy games any way)
c.r

Offline Rushyo

Hmm. Steam won't let me put any review up, I just get getting a 403 Forbidden error, regardless of browser  :-\

Just going to pop it here so I remember to copy/paste it in to a review later.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Starward Rogue has a 100% 'true rank' on Steam Spy, and a 99% user review score; it's well deserved. I'm tired of rogue-lites, and I don't play shmups very often at all. I am absolutely not the target audience of this game. But it is superb, best of breed, and has kept me hooked.

The variety of enemies is excellent, inspired by both the very best of bullet hell gameplay and lots of creative enemy types that provide stimulating challenges. The tutorial is good, the difficulty is very adjustable, and the different suit designs allow the player to chose totally different styles of play. The rogue-lite aspects provide you with a sufficiently unique experience each time, and are balanced to offer a consistently entertaining difficulty curve as well.

The game's length is such that if you have a bad run it isn't a waste of time, but if you're having a good time you get a really good stint of it, and it's very replayable. The graphics are solid, functional and vibrant. The music is, as typical for Arcen games, fairly non-standard but of a high quality. Ultimately, though, Starmade Rogue stands out for its excellent gameplay.

My complaints are very minor. The plot is a bit bare-thread; it would be nice to have more context given the rather odd situation you're in (not that in matters to the game any), and the false ending is somewhat unsatisfying. These are nitpicks that won't damage your enjoyment of the game. This is a solid purchase for anyone and if you only ever buy one shmup or rogue-lite, this would be a good choice.

BTW. I do recommend experimenting with the game's options. There a versatile set of options in there like the momentum setting which may enhance your enjoyment of the game.

Offline Matruchus

• Jr. Member Mark II
Hmm. Steam won't let me put any review up, I just get getting a 403 Forbidden error, regardless of browser  :-\

Just going to pop it here so I remember to copy/paste it in to a review later.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Starward Rogue has a 100% 'true rank' on Steam Spy, and a 99% user review score; it's well deserved. I'm tired of rogue-lites, and I don't play shmups very often at all. I am absolutely not the target audience of this game. But it is superb, best of breed, and has kept me hooked.

The variety of enemies is excellent, inspired by both the very best of bullet hell gameplay and lots of creative enemy types that provide stimulating challenges. The tutorial is good, the difficulty is very adjustable, and the different suit designs allow the player to chose totally different styles of play. The rogue-lite aspects provide you with a sufficiently unique experience each time, and are balanced to offer a consistently entertaining difficulty curve as well.

The game's length is such that if you have a bad run it isn't a waste of time, but if you're having a good time you get a really good stint of it, and it's very replayable. The graphics are solid, functional and vibrant. The music is, as typical for Arcen games, fairly non-standard but of a high quality. Ultimately, though, Starmade Rogue stands out for its excellent gameplay.

My complaints are very minor. The plot is a bit bare-thread; it would be nice to have more context given the rather odd situation you're in (not that in matters to the game any), and the false ending is somewhat unsatisfying. These are nitpicks that won't damage your enjoyment of the game. This is a solid purchase for anyone and if you only ever buy one shmup or rogue-lite, this would be a good choice.

BTW. I do recommend experimenting with the game's options. There a versatile set of options in there like the momentum setting which may enhance your enjoyment of the game.
You should try putting it up again. Steam had another of its service not available moments yesterday which is becoming very common with them in the last time.

Offline Reath

• Newbie Mark II

I had the same problem when I was posting my review. Try submitting the first paragraph, then edit the review and add the rest of it. That fixed it for me. Submitting longer reviews directly doesn't always work, for some reason.

Offline Rushyo

I had the same problem when I was posting my review. Try submitting the first paragraph, then edit the review and add the rest of it. That fixed it for me. Submitting longer reviews directly doesn't always work, for some reason.

That did it. Thanks!  :)

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
Just an idea.
Since Starward rogue does not support Steam workshop 8hopefully only at the moment), you could at least make a modding subforum on Steam, where players share their creations. A lot of Steam players are unaware of the Arcen forum.

Offline Salamander

I didn't even know this was released yet!  :-[

I'll be picking it up when I get home from work later today, I grab every Arcen game when they are out (focus on AI War though of course)!

Looks like the Steam reviews are really positive too, that's good to see.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk