General Category > Starward Rogue

Steam page is up! (If you have something to say after playing, PLEASE review!)

<< < (2/17) > >>

Cinth:
I literally fell out of my chair.   :D

TheVampire100:
Just a question, can you actually mod/desin new mechs with the modding language?

x4000:

--- Quote from: Cinth on January 22, 2016, 02:07:35 am ---I literally fell out of my chair.   :D

--- End quote ---

;D

--- Quote from: TheVampire100 on January 22, 2016, 02:07:42 am ---Just a question, can you actually mod/desin new mechs with the modding language?

--- End quote ---

Yes.  The simplest way I can answer this is: every item, enemy, powerup, mech, bullet pattern, particle effect, sound effect, and anything else you interact with is all designed using a really robust xml scripting system.  It's all easy to see and tweak at will, and so on.  What is done in C# is the actual logic behind the huge amounts of xml tags and scripting you can use.

I'm not sure it's possible to make something easier to mod -- we even have it so that your files don't get overwritten by ours, since you can make your own files with things you add for yourself: https://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Starward_Rogue:Main#XML_Documentation

One downside right now: only six slots for mechs, and all are taken.  So it will pull whatever the first six are that it finds.  Later I want to have it so that we can have any number of mechs... but I couldn't think of an intuitive interface that works well with the gamepad and the mouse right yet.

TheVampire100:
Cool, then I will make the Yellow Mech that you guys totally forgot to make. I just have to fill the gap that is called "knowledge of modding".

Cyborg:
You need to pick some better screenshots. I think two or three of those screenshots are really good, but the rest are focusing too much on menus or cleared rooms. I admit I don't know much about this gaming community for these games, but don't you want to show your awesome bullet patterns, bosses, and perilous situations?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version