Author Topic: Starward Rogue Update 1.100: The New Balance Hotness  (Read 11802 times)

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
Re: Starward Rogue Update 1.100: The New Balance Hotness
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2016, 10:57:06 pm »
So, concerning the savegame compatibility issue, could my "broken" save file help you guys in any way or do you already have everything you need on that front? If it's deemed too problematic to fix, I'll start a new file but I would really prefer continuing my old save.

Anyway, sorry for the nagging, must be a withdrawal symptom of not playing SR for so long. :P

As far as I'm aware, the save game compatibility issue is solved, and all save games should be working now. Or are you having a problem due to originally deleting the file or something? If so, I'm really not sure how to fix a save game, that's more Chris or Keith's area of expertise and they won't be around for a few days, I think.

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2016, 11:26:41 pm »
As far as I'm aware, the save game compatibility issue is solved, and all save games should be working now. Or are you having a problem due to originally deleting the file or something? If so, I'm really not sure how to fix a save game, that's more Chris or Keith's area of expertise and they won't be around for a few days, I think.
Deleting a save wouldn't be an issue, since the game has those neat backup save files.

But unfortunately, my save still give an error when I attempt to continue (screenshot attached). I think it's the same error as before. Files validation was done just in case. Same result.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2016, 12:50:10 am »
Deleting a save wouldn't be an issue, since the game has those neat backup save files.

But unfortunately, my save still give an error when I attempt to continue (screenshot attached). I think it's the same error as before. Files validation was done just in case. Same result.

Pop your save up somewhere? I'm going to make some time tomorrow to deal with a few things like this.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2016, 12:53:45 am »

Pop your save up somewhere? I'm going to make some time tomorrow to deal with a few things like this.
Thank you. I'll edit this post with the necessary files in a moment.

Edit: Save file + Obligatory mod added below.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 12:57:20 am by logorouge »

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2016, 03:48:00 pm »
Sorry about that. The short version is that we are changing entity names to make everything more consistent and didn't catch one of the changes correctly. If you drop the attached "deprecated.xml" file into your ..StarwardRogue/RuntimeData/Configuration/GameEntity/ folder, you should be able to run your save without issues. The fix will also be applied in the next release in case you don't want to do any file manipulations.

You'll probably need to delete this file once 1.102 goes live. If you don't, you'll see an error message stating the HornetMine is present twice. The error doesn't cause any problems, it just notifies you it is an issue.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 03:58:02 pm by ptarth »
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2016, 04:06:31 pm »
You'll probably need to delete this file once 1.102 goes live. If you don't, you'll see an error message stating the HornetMine is present twice. The error doesn't cause any problems, it just notifies you it is an issue.
I'll be sure to remember and remove it after the update.
You have my gratitude for investigating the issue and putting together that fix on a weekend. Thanks, Ptarth!

Edit: oops, accidental mod edit. Sorry!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 12:44:02 pm by Pepisolo »

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2016, 12:47:23 pm »
Chris has pushed the fixed version now. Apparently the fix went out with the DRM-free build but not the Steam build. It should be fixed now. Also, apologies for accidentaly editing your post Logo (nothing actually changed, I just derped and clicked the wrong button, heh).

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2016, 04:34:12 pm »
Chris has pushed the fixed version now. Apparently the fix went out with the DRM-free build but not the Steam build. It should be fixed now. Also, apologies for accidentaly editing your post Logo (nothing actually changed, I just derped and clicked the wrong button, heh).

On another forum where I've got mod powers (to handle spam, incidentally) I had to use a Stylish override CSS to put a red border on the "edit" button so I'd stop clicking it instead of quote.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2016, 05:09:13 pm »

On another forum where I've got mod powers (to handle spam, incidentally) I had to use a Stylish override CSS to put a red border on the "edit" button so I'd stop clicking it instead of quote.

Hah, yeah. I could do with one of those borders.

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2016, 05:31:26 pm »
Also, apologies for accidentaly editing your post Logo (nothing actually changed, I just derped and clicked the wrong button, heh).
Ah, I was trying to figure out what was changed in the post and couldn't find it. Mystery solved. :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk