Author Topic: Starward Rogue Update 1.018: Consumed In A Wormhole Anomaly  (Read 5178 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Starward Rogue Update 1.018: Consumed In A Wormhole Anomaly
« on: March 28, 2016, 03:14:50 pm »
Original: https://arcengames.com/starward-rogue-update-1-018-consumed-in-a-wormhole-anomaly/

New build for you!  Included are two new consumable items: Wormhole Journey and Anomaly Detector.  There is also a loooooong list of consumables that have been tweaked and tuned.  A number of bugs have been fixed relating to homing weapons and familiars, and there are some new sound effects as well.

More to come soon!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 03:36:06 pm by x4000 »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Starward Rogue Update 1.018: Consumed In A Wormhole Anomaly
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 03:35:25 pm »
Redundant post is duplicately redundant. ;)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 03:36:38 pm »
Redundant post is duplicately redundant. ;)

*Innocent whistling.*

No idea what you were talking about!  Everything is clearly in order now, so it must have always been. ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline steelwing

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 05:21:40 pm »
Wiki's behaving badly.  Either it instantly returns a blank page or it never responds at all.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 06:18:24 pm »
Wiki's behaving badly.  Either it instantly returns a blank page or it never responds at all.

I can't duplicate that.  If you do a force-refresh (shift+F5 or ctrl+F5, I can't recall), does that clear it up?  Also, are you logged in by any chance?  If so, then logging out and back in might fix it.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 06:23:42 pm »
I've noticed that the red people have been demoted to being blue is there a persifick reason for this I wonder? as in them being naughty?.
c.r

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 06:32:41 pm »
No problems happened, but Quinn found a way to make it so that global moderators could do the needed things.  So for all the people who were only admins because they needed to be a global mod plus a tiny bit more, they got shifted to being a global mod instead (aka blue rather than red).  Not because I was worried about anything, but just generally the security principle of minimum access when that isn't an impediment.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 06:45:46 pm »
Release notes wiki page is doing the white page thing for me too.  And no, I'm not logged in to the wiki.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 06:54:58 pm »
Okay, I can duplicate that in incognito in firefox so it doesn't have me logged in and all my normal cookies.  Definitely a problem.  Will get up with Quinn, sorry on this. :/

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2016, 07:56:31 pm »
The Wiki really is being a twit.

Just wanted to look at the consumables bit really... yes you'd think I'd know what the changes are, but that'd make sense, we cant have that, so I don't.

Kinda been stuck in "test that stupid #(%&-ing boss for the 50th time" land.  That and setting up a new PC here.  Took ages.  The old one does anything and everything it can to prevent giving me it's data for use on the new one. 

Later today though once I get SVN up and running I'll finally again have a proper go at the game myself.  I just refuse to test that stupid boss again today.  Damn thing can wait.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2016, 08:01:30 pm »
== Version 1.018 ==
(Released March 28th, 2016)

* Fixed a bug where homing weapons (especially ones with a homing delay) could wind up homing on the invisible bouncing mine emitters.
** Thanks to Pepisolo for reporting.

* Fixed a few problems with the FamiliarFollower logic that was making it rubber-band back and forth between the player and the enemy, etc.
** Thanks to Pepisolo and ptarth for reporting.

* Fixed a bug where a system with homing and a bullet pattern would allow the homing to work on the initial firing (it was correctly not trying to home after that; bullet patterns override homing until the pattern expires).
** Thanks to Pepisolo for reporting.

* Tweaked the following consumables: One Way Barricade (shot change), Tactical EMP (tweaks), Ricochet Circuit(now last for a whole floor), Stim Pack(now last for a room), Overheating System(tweaks and now last for a room), Overloading Circuit (duration increased to 30 seconds), Energy Boost Circuit (now plus 20 energy), Siphoning Circuit (new you lose 20 energy), Supernova (larger AOE on explosion, needs more work, though), Ludicrous Speed Circuit(made the speed increase more ludicrous), Carnage (upped duration to 15 seconds), AllTheRockets(increased duration to 30 seconds), ShieldsDown (increased duration to 30 seconds),Code Annihilate(slight damage increase),Code_Overdrive(increased duration to 15 seconds),Code_Defend (now last for a room), SignalTriangulator(This now reveals the boss room rather than teleporting you straight there), Beaming Probe and Incinerator Probe (tweaked to be more useful), OrbitingBattleStation (now fires multiple shots), all consumable sentries now block shots but they have limited health.

* New consumable item Wormhole Journey added.

* New consumable item Anomaly Detector added.

* Changed Autocannon Minibot to a use the FamiliarFollower (pathfinding) behavior.

* New BullRush,BullDog, and Battleswarm SFX. New Spine Ballista SFX. Fixed Pressure Shotgun audio typo. Thanks to Goldenwolf for helping me with this!

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 05:39:43 am »
Thanks for that. The wiki was being completely blank for some reason.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline steelwing

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 11:13:23 am »
Thanks for the changelog. :)
The forum is going wack now, too.  ???  When I tried to vote in the multiplayer poll (see here), I got the following error:
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.
Per the message, I tried to log out and I got the same error.  I also couldn't post.  To resolve, I had to delete my cookies for Arcen and then log in again.  Soooo...my browser ate some bad cookies?  ??? :-\

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2016, 11:18:24 am »
Strange, the poll worked just fine for me just now.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2016, 01:16:24 pm »
I had to kill all the sessions that were stored in folders on our server, because they were eating up all our disk space.  But... why exactly that would mess with the cookies is beyond me.  I believe it would, but I'm not sure what the mechanism behind that is.  Bah!  What a pain. >:(  I hope that sorts it out for you, at least.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk