Author Topic: Starward Rogue Update 1.017: Smart Gun  (Read 2589 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Starward Rogue Update 1.017: Smart Gun
« on: March 17, 2016, 07:07:18 pm »
Original: http://arcengames.com/starward-rogue-update-1-017-smart-gun/

New one!  This continues the recent trend of refinement-focused releases.  It updates/adds a number of sound effects, it adds several enemy variants, it refines a number of player weapons, and fixes a number of bugs.  It also adds yet more modding xml commands, and a new main-slot weapon: the Smart Gun.

More to come soon!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Logorouge

Re: Starward Rogue Update 1.017: Smart Gun
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 10:02:28 pm »
Nearly a week later I can finally play this new version. Hurray!
One thing though, I was greeted by a strange message in the main menu (see attached screenshot). Should I be worried or is that an harmless thing everyone see in this version?

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 10:04:08 pm »
It should be harmless, although it is a little bit odd.  If you do a verification on your steam files, it might go away.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 10:28:34 pm »
The files verification redownloaded 3 files, but didn't clear the error. And each time I launch the game, doing another verification always redownload 1 file. It's weird. I also removed my custom mech just in case, verified the files and launched the game, same result.

Otherwise the game seems to run normally, so it's not really a problem.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 10:49:24 pm »
I found it but I'm going to shoot it to Pepi.  I don't know if it's just a typo or not.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 11:11:45 pm »
I found it but I'm going to shoot it to Pepi.  I don't know if it's just a typo or not.

Thanks! This was some code that is unused in the game, but which was referencing something that is only on my local PC. Oops! It's a harmless error, but it is annoying that it made it into the build. Sorry about that. I've fixed it now for the next build.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk