Author Topic: Starward Rogue Update 1.016: The Ricochet Sequel  (Read 19850 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Starward Rogue Update 1.016: The Ricochet Sequel
« on: March 08, 2016, 02:58:04 pm »
Original: http://arcengames.com/starward-rogue-update-1-016-the-ricochet-sequel/

New build!  This one is about refinement more than anything else.  It has sound effect improvements, various bugfixes, some improved enemies and weapons, and a variety of new xml features if you're into enemy creation or modding.

Also!  This one finally puts a nail in the coffin of that one long-term bug we've had with some ricochets not acting as expected in some circumstances.  We'd always see it occasionally, but it was hard to reproduce and even then would be like 1 shot out of 100.  But that 1 shot could be absolutely fatal when playing on Misery mode against a couple of bosses.  So that's a really good one to finally have out of the way -- I think that was our biggest longstanding bug, although not many people actually noticed it.

More to come soon!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline steelwing

Re: Starward Rogue Update 1.016: The Ricochet Sequel
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 02:17:27 am »
Wow... :o  I just died very very quickly.  I'm thinking the RNG didn't like me. :P
The  new sound effects are totally awesome, and I LOVE the new particle effect on the flamethrower!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 02:34:26 pm »
Way to go Craig (Pepisolo) on the sound effects for sure, and Blue on the flamethrower! :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 02:40:02 pm »
 ::)
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 02:47:09 pm »

Um...?  Did I miss something?  Were you also on the sound effects stuff and I just didn't know?  Or... wait, the whole flamethrower thing was your idea in the first place, wasn't it.  Crud!  I can't keep half of this straight.  Sorry man.  :-[

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 02:53:31 pm »

Um...?  Did I miss something?  Were you also on the sound effects stuff and I just didn't know?  Or... wait, the whole flamethrower thing was your idea in the first place, wasn't it.  Crud!  I can't keep half of this straight.  Sorry man.  :-[

It was the [Redacted] that inspired Blue to make the new graphic.  No worries,  freaking volunteers doing cool stuff.  Technically, that's your pattern I repurposed and slightly modified so there's someone else to credit there too!
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 03:03:02 pm »
Hahaha, okay, right, that.  And you know, that pattern of mine probably had some influence from something Misery was doing, so the chain of who did what just keeps on going down and down...  :D

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 03:08:17 pm »
It's inspired 3 [Redacted] and a [Redacted] so far.  I think that's about as far as I can carry it.  I do have some other ideas though, those might inspire some more cool stuff down the road.

I'm having a lot of fun just trying to come up with stuff and getting it to work  :D

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 04:11:29 pm »
If we ever [redacted] we'll have to [redacted] and deadly [redacted] real life zombies [redacted].

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWfKdKWJEkM

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 04:23:24 pm »
If we ever [redacted] we'll have to [redacted] and deadly [redacted] real life zombies [redacted].

Flashbacks!!!!

Offline NickAragua

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 05:19:04 pm »
Looking good, except for the robot footsteps. Those are really annoying.

Offline steelwing

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 05:58:52 pm »

Flashbacks!!!!
Flashbacks on the forum!  Flashbacks on the forum!!  That's it!!!  That's IT!!!!  I'm sick of these [redacted] flashbacks on this [redacted] forum!!
Of course I went there...how could I not? :P

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 06:02:12 pm »
You can go ahead and say lovably, the forum censoring is hilarious.  Also just try to talk about i am spam, by which I mean the room in your house you cook in.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2016, 06:02:54 pm »
There are too many lovingly crafted snakes on this lovingly crafted plane!  Let's see if it catches the full thing, or I'll have to fix that.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 06:03:59 pm »
Whoops, had to fix that one.  hug. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk