Author Topic: Starward Rogue Update 1.010: New Enemy, Faster Unlocks  (Read 2929 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Starward Rogue Update 1.010: New Enemy, Faster Unlocks
« on: January 30, 2016, 08:52:28 pm »
Original: http://arcengames.com/starward-rogue-update-1-010-new-enemy-faster-unlocks/

Another update!  This one has bugfixes, a new community-made enemy, a variety of balance tweaks, and more.  This also reduces the number of runs you must win before you get the full 7-floor runs instead of the shorter 5-floor runs.

More to come soon!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
Re: Starward Rogue Update 1.010: New Enemy, Faster Unlocks
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 08:55:39 pm »
interesting, thanks!
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 11:08:12 pm »
Thumbs up for ptarth for the new enemy. Looks really cool. Are there two versions of this enemy and do the different versions behave different? Or is this just a reskin?
Also, the model looks really threatening, like something that wants to eat you (which fits the attack pattern).

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 11:43:10 pm »
What typically happens is that I write up some code that creates a neat looking unbalanced enities. Then Pepisolo, Misery, and/or Chris (possibly others too) tweak it and give it a graphic, sounds, and ship_category. Sometimes my initial thoughts match, sometimes they don't.  In this case, the original entry weapon had three variants with different properties and visuals. In the end it looks like one of those variants was selected, and turned into two different shots. One of those was given some of the attributes from the other variants.  Then both color coded to match the ships they fire from. From a player perspective, one set of shots ricochets while the other will slide. I was really happy with the effect when I made it and it is cool to see it in game. Not that I'll ever make it to floor 3 to find one of these guys.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
  • To add me on Steam, click the little Steam icon ^
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 01:24:27 am »
Ptarth, ran into your new ship on the 4th floor of my latest playthrough.

Well played sir, well played.
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 01:40:44 am »
Original: http://arcengames.com/starward-rogue-update-1-010-new-enemy-faster-unlocks/

Another update!  This one has bugfixes, a new community-made enemy, a variety of balance tweaks, and more.  This also reduces the number of runs you must win before you get the full 7-floor runs instead of the shorter 5-floor runs.
Hmmm.... edits furiously

Offline Regdren

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 02:50:27 pm »
When I played previously, I didn't see shopkeepers in shops. They seem to appear as normal after the patch, unless I unlocked them some other way and it was just a coincidence. Accidentally triggered an early shopkeeper with the poison spread shot attachment while I was shooting the glass containers. Oops. Vandalism doesn't pay kids!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 03:05:39 pm »
When I played previously, I didn't see shopkeepers in shops. They seem to appear as normal after the patch, unless I unlocked them some other way and it was just a coincidence. Accidentally triggered an early shopkeeper with the poison spread shot attachment while I was shooting the glass containers. Oops. Vandalism doesn't pay kids!
you unlock them after beating the warden also eek! hate to say it but that shop type is now dead to you you'll just get junk out of it now I'm afraid ):
c.r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk