Author Topic: Starward Rogue Update 1.009: Two New Enemies  (Read 4965 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Starward Rogue Update 1.009: Two New Enemies
« on: January 29, 2016, 02:29:12 am »
Original: http://arcengames.com/starward-rogue-update-1-009-two-new-enemies/

Another day, another update.  This one is a bit sparse, since it was a... challenging day.  That said, this adds two new enemies for you to battle, switches an inept sacrifice room into an excellent new incredibility, and has a number of bugfixes.

More to come tomorrow!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Re: Starward Rogue Update 1.009: Two New Enemies
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 02:30:11 am »
And, yeah, I've been hiding from the forum threads in here.  I'm not sure why.  But my inbox has been exploding all day (good things mostly), and it's taken quite a lot of time.  I will have more stamina tomorrow.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 02:37:36 am »
And, yeah, I've been hiding from the forum threads in here.  I'm not sure why.  But my inbox has been exploding all day (good things mostly), and it's taken quite a lot of time.  I will have more stamina tomorrow.
hey don't worry we understand just keep your self together try not to get super stressed out about all this as cyborg said you've been through hard times before you'll pull through in due time.(if things go at the same pace as of this moment and star ward doesn't just sporadically explode)
c.r

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 02:45:39 am »
Thanks -- I really appreciate it.  Off to bed with me now.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 02:55:41 am »
Thanks -- I really appreciate it.  Off to bed with me now.
great id hate to see you acting like a complete lunatic from lack of sleep but I've been thinking should you put up a bad news post up on the ai war forum? some of the people on this forum seem to persificly go there and no were else so they might not be aware of the news?.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 03:00:27 am by crazyroosterman »
c.r

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 03:02:04 am »
o and enougher things on the stars steam forums(yes there's a forum thing going there at the moment I had no idea my self) one fellow has expressed worry that the games not going to get made due to the financial difficulty you might want to go there and give people a low down since they might not know about this forum.
c.r

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 08:01:05 am »

Heh, dont worry too much about the forum stuff.   If there's anything in here I think you need to see I'll let you know.   I figure you've already got like 20 squillion emails and whatnot to deal with as it is.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 04:31:01 pm »
Thanks Misery -- I appreciate it.

And Stars Beyond Reach is something we plan on finishing, unless Keith just can't get the final game nailed either.  But I like his plan for it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 04:40:02 pm by x4000 »

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 04:37:28 pm »
Thanks Misery -- I appreciate it.

And Starward is something we plan on finishing, unless Keith just can't get the final game nailed either.  But I like his plan for it.
star ward? I guess you mean sbr but any way I'm glad to hear that Keith's got a solid plan for that game I don't think you really have the luxury of changing the systems of that game over and over again at the moment also I'm going to link the bad news post in the stars steam forums so people waiting for the game can get a better idea of what's going on.
c.r

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 04:40:30 pm »
Got it -- thanks.  And I corrected the title typo there, yeah; I meant SBR, heh.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 04:41:43 pm »
Speaking of which, I can't wait to see what Keith has in store for us.  Be sure, I'll be among the first to break it ;)
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 04:43:23 pm »
And I'll be sure to fulfill my own usual role and complain about stuff a whole lot.

You can count on me!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 04:45:07 pm »
You know what they say, Misery loves company.  Let's be sure Keith has plenty of both!
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2016, 05:11:30 pm »
Oh my god, the new enemies are so cool! I love the tiny transport, he saved me a few times from death. And the metal grinder looks so cool (despite being no threat at all).
Now I want a secondary weapon like the metal grinder.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 06:36:45 pm »
And I'll be sure to fulfill my own usual role and complain about stuff a whole lot.

You can count on me!
at least your consistent about not being pleased. (with stars)
c.r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk