Poll

Should Brawler Mode be added as an option?

No. Full shields between rooms is good. (current implementation)
11 (50%)
Yes. Regenerate to full health and shields between rooms.
4 (18.2%)
Yes. Regenerate health slowly over time + full health and shields between rooms.
2 (9.1%)
Yes. Regenerate health and shields over time + full health and shields between rooms.
1 (4.5%)
Yes. Regenerate shields over time + full health and shields between rooms.
3 (13.6%)
No preferences.
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Starward Rogue Feature Survey: Brawler Mode  (Read 10736 times)

Offline CaptainTaz

• Bottlenecks are life. Literally.
Re: Starward Rogue Feature Survey: Brawler Mode
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2016, 12:35:53 am »
An ongoing debate that's raged since the release of the game is: How should the player regenerate health?

At one end of the spectrum you have hard core Touhou mechanics, you get hit once and game over. At the other end you have regenerating health and shields. Currently, health is regained via healing items and shields regenerate to full after each room. However, there are other options that I've been lobbying for in the face of opposition from Misery and Pepisolo. This ability for the player to have passive regeneration is something we've taken to calling Brawler Mode. My most recent effort is to start an ongoing poll to see where other people (rather than just us) stand on the issue. My current preference is to regenerate health to full between rooms along with a regenerating shield inside of rooms.

The reason I bring this up is because I believe that brawler mode will make the game more approachable to the general player (and it also matches my skill level).

What are your thoughts?

I personally would like that. The gameplay of the game is fun, but I seriously suck at dodging and the colors can get confusing at times to the point where I just end up dead xD
Just that guy who hides behind walls of death hoping that they stay up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk