Author Topic: Starward Rogue Beta Feedback Thread  (Read 10859 times)

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
Starward Rogue Beta Feedback Thread
« on: December 09, 2017, 10:37:16 am »
Here's a thread for any feedback about the new Beta that is available on Steam. To access the Beta,  just right-click on Starward Rogue in your Steam library, click properties, then selects the Betas tab, then select the "Beta -" version as the Beta you would like to opt into. Close that, and the game should then update to version 1.701. Test away!

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
Re: Starward Rogue Beta Feedback Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 06:01:57 pm »
Some Linux testers for this would be good. The latest build doesn't work on my Linux box, so I'm a bit paranoid about the build for linux users. All you'd have to do is try and boot the game and see if it runs. Cheers!

Offline Whistler

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 07:41:45 pm »
I can run beta 1.703 on Ubuntu 16.04. Happy to help with newer versions.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 08:49:52 pm »
I can run beta 1.703 on Ubuntu 16.04. Happy to help with newer versions.

Nice, thanks! 1.703 works? With no errors on startup?

Offline Whistler

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 11:14:17 pm »
Works pretty well. There are some warnings I put on mantis.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 12:09:21 pm »
Works pretty well. There are some warnings I put on mantis.

Good to know, thanks!

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 07:13:12 pm »
In 1.704, while exiting a miniboss room to go to another miniboss, I got a crash. Related files attached below.

Edit:
I also noticed the Spire Knowledge powerup only last for the current floor now. Seems like a strange nerf for an item that already struggles to compete with the numerous fullmap items/powers.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 08:20:39 pm by Logorouge »

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 08:22:04 pm »
I also noticed the Spire Knowledge powerup only last for the current floor now. Seems like a strange nerf for item that already struggles to compete with the numerous fullmap items/powers.

Where's that found again? I think that was to differentiate it from one of the other pickups that give a a full map reveal.

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 08:31:25 pm »
I also noticed the Spire Knowledge powerup only last for the current floor now. Seems like a strange nerf for item that already struggles to compete with the numerous fullmap items/powers.

Where's that found again? I think that was to differentiate it from one of the other pickups that give a a full map reveal.
Spire Knowledge is a Cheap shop item.
The other map reveal things would be Circuit 42 (fullmap, 1 floor only), MapMaster perk (fullmap, permanent) and Map of the Stars sac item (fullmap, permanent). The other partial map powers are disabled since the perk overhaul. I think that's all of them.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 08:34:47 pm by Logorouge »

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 08:37:48 pm »

The other map reveal things would be Circuit 42 (fullmap, 1 floor only), MapMaster perk (fullmap, permanent) and Map of the Stars sac item (fullmap, permanent). I think the other partial map powers are disabled since the perk overhaul. I think that's all of them.

Oh, yeah, then having a full permanent map item in the cheap shop seems a bit OP to me, it would also be duplicating what can already be done with MapMaster or Map of the Stars. I don't think we need a third item that does the exact same thing. Maybe Spire Knowledge could be overhauled to do something a bit different? A cheap floor reveal doesn't seem too bad to me, though, if it is actually cheap that is.

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2017, 08:51:45 pm »

The other map reveal things would be Circuit 42 (fullmap, 1 floor only), MapMaster perk (fullmap, permanent) and Map of the Stars sac item (fullmap, permanent). I think the other partial map powers are disabled since the perk overhaul. I think that's all of them.

Oh, yeah, then having a full permanent map item in the cheap shop seems a bit OP to me, it would also be duplicating what can already be done with MapMaster or Map of the Stars. I don't think we need a third item that does the exact same thing. Maybe Spire Knowledge could be overhauled to do something a bit different? A cheap floor reveal doesn't seem too bad to me, though, if it is actually cheap that is.
Well, that's the thing, we do have the Mysterious Circuit as a cheap fullmap option for 1 floor (possibly unidentified circuit), but the Spire Knowledge is a partial map item (important rooms only) that was a cheap alternative to the more costly permanent fullmap options (health or perk).

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2017, 10:17:48 pm »

Well, that's the thing, we do have the Mysterious Circuit as a cheap fullmap option for 1 floor (possibly unidentified circuit), but the Spire Knowledge is a partial map item (important rooms only) that was a cheap alternative to the more costly permanent fullmap options (health or perk).

Oh, Spire Knowledge is not a full map thing then? In that case it may have just been a misunderstanding on my part to change it. I'll take a look tomorrow and probably set it back to all floors then.

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 09:32:46 pm »
Forgot to mention, the condemned rooms Dayton_Cramped and Dayton_Pincer are stacking their new travelporters and the condemned's reward, which is a problem.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 10:02:37 pm »
Forgot to mention, the condemned rooms Dayton_Cramped and Dayton_Pincer are stacking their new travelporters and the condemned's reward, which is a problem.

Got it, I fixed those quick -- hopefully. Committed to SVN too. Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk