Author Topic: Some good, some suggestions  (Read 1991 times)

Offline Paladinlord10

Some good, some suggestions
« on: January 26, 2016, 11:55:49 am »
Hello again!  Been enjoying the crap outa this game, keep it up!

Had a hell of a run w/ the flame tank (DEFINITELY my fav) and it brought up a few issues.

Attached are 3 screenshots, I forgot to save the save to attach as well.

Shot 1 shows 3 size ups and the blood room size up, w/ sword.  2 is how ridiculous missiles get w/ those upgrades, and 3 is how ridiculous the flamethrower gets.

The size issues become apparent with that much size.  None of the hitboxes are good.  In all examples, they are around 1/2 of what they appear.  Which is good for saving the shopkeeps from my wrath, but not so much for my ability to show enemies my wrath.  Also, it become... very hard to kill destructible objects w/ that much size.

Another issue that came up, due to level (the boss that summons little guys give 800 exp a pop on normal, farmed for a good 2 mins), is level 14 didn't even show the level up choices, but did give me a final size up, and level 15 jus gave me a level, no choices, nothing.  Unknown by me if by design for the lv. 15 thing, but the lv. 14 not showing choice due to black screen is definitely a bug.

One suggestion I would like to cram into this post as well, if you already have an attachment (say, the freeze pulse), another of the same thing shouldn't drop, but that's more of a pet peeve, if it's a feature, fine, jus disappoints a bit when ya kill a boss or a condemned and they reward you with... something you already have.

All and all though, 2 more kills as of this post and I get to see what the 'true final boss' may be! Excited!

Thanks for yer time :)

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Some good, some suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 12:25:10 pm »
I just.... what.

I'm going to bring this one up with Chris.  This issue is just a TAD absurd.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 12:31:24 pm »
There are "Size up" upgrades? Perhaps remove those? I don't quite see the point.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 03:45:42 pm »
how even did you get that flamers that large?! I didn't know better id say you were using hacks seriously I've never come across size ups. ps what the hell is thing people are talking about with hurting the shop keeper? I've never been able to hurt my self
c.r

Offline Paladinlord10

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 03:57:30 pm »
At level 12? Flame tank gets a 50% bullet size upgrade choice.  At 13? it gets a 100%(!) one. At 14?, the screen went black for the choice, I assume it was another 100%, or a glitch of some sort.  And in a blood room, I was able to purchase one. 

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 04:09:15 pm »
At level 12? Flame tank gets a 50% bullet size upgrade choice.  At 13? it gets a 100%(!) one. At 14?, the screen went black for the choice, I assume it was another 100%, or a glitch of some sort.  And in a blood room, I was able to purchase one.

That can't be right.  Looking at the hull's file, I see Enormous Bullet at 12 and that's it. 
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Paladinlord10

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 04:17:26 pm »
Perhaps my memory is off about the levels, but I'm at least 70% on what upgrades happened.  I could be mistaken as well, my memory sucks, I was trying to be as accurate as I could.  I wish I could have saved the save file, or was streaming the run at the time.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 04:24:18 pm »
Hmm.... this all might explain a few things.   I hadnt known all that much about the late-game perks, but some of them are a bit overboard.  And appearing too soon.

Another thing to bring up with Chris, then.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 04:30:19 pm »
8-9-10 is when the fun ones show up usually and that should be around floor 5 in normal progression.
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 04:31:57 pm »
That might explain a few issues.

....I'm going to change boss HP around again, arent I?   Why do I even bother hoping that I'm done having to do that?

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 04:44:27 pm »
It's a never ending battle.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk