Author Topic: So. Sacrifice Shops.  (Read 10611 times)

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: So. Sacrifice Shops.
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2016, 07:49:10 pm »
No, remove the "don't use missile restriction" entirely. You are getting more max hp permanently. But you are also taking 1 dmg whenever you use a missile for the rest of your run.

No no, unrelated.  There is a separate challenge called "don't take damage this floor."
Should firing missiles (under the rules of "getting more max hp permanently. But you are also taking 1 dmg whenever you use a missile") cause you to fail the challenge?

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2016, 08:53:33 pm »
I would say yes. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't. I also find prohibition items largely uninteresting, so I don't really care whether it does or doesn't.

Offline GiantPotato

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2016, 04:15:39 am »
On the note of those, I think the time-limit one doesnt work whatsoever.  It's bloody impossible to do on most floors.  Maybe replace it with something else?  Heck if I know what.
Hm, instead of "clear the floor in 3min" what if it was "kill this floor's boss in 5min"? This way you at least have a chance on most floors AND you don't have to sacrifice absurd amounts of XP/credits/treasures.

Edit: Could the time be adjusted depending on which floor you picked it up? Adding a minute per floor the further you are would keep it feasible for longer.

Really like this idea. I don't know what the bonus is for clearing the floor in 3 minutes (never ever tried for it), but I'd be very surprised if it was better than the XP gain for clearing each room PLUS the items in secret rooms PLUS the chest items and keycards you're passing up by exiting early.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2016, 06:39:42 am »
What about "+X life until you use a missile on an enemy"?
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2016, 07:02:30 am »
Really like this idea. I don't know what the bonus is for clearing the floor in 3 minutes (never ever tried for it), but I'd be very surprised if it was better than the XP gain for clearing each room PLUS the items in secret rooms PLUS the chest items and keycards you're passing up by exiting early.

Semi-related, the challenge of "don't use missiles this floor" has really crappy rewards.  You get FIVE MISSILES (plus some other stuff, like keys and credits).  How the hell am I going to finish a floor while not using missiles and not be at max by the end?  Seriously.  Only two mechs (that I can think of offhand) even have enough capacity for 5 to not just insta-max, 8 and 20, respectively.

I would probably pick that up.  I rarely use missiles on enemies.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2016, 07:10:02 pm »

Semi-related, the challenge of "don't use missiles this floor" has really crappy rewards.  You get FIVE MISSILES (plus some other stuff, like keys and credits).  How the hell am I going to finish a floor while not using missiles and not be at max by the end?  Seriously.  Only two mechs (that I can think of offhand) even have enough capacity for 5 to not just insta-max, 8 and 20, respectively.

Probation rewards are something I intend on altering a bit.

ALOT of them are like that; just not very good for what they ask you to do.  It's been bugging me for quite awhile.  Weapons are more of a priority right now though.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I think the time one is just a bad idea; it's more about pure luck, rather than skill or decision-making, since it's going to end up being entirely about how your current DPS is at the time of grabbing the thing.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2016, 08:45:34 pm »
Also, the more I think about it, the more I think the time one is just a bad idea; it's more about pure luck, rather than skill or decision-making, since it's going to end up being entirely about how your current DPS is at the time of grabbing the thing.

And where the exit is.

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2016, 11:11:07 pm »
By any chance, is the sacrifice shop price scaling value within modding reach or is that hardcoded?

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2016, 11:15:02 pm »
By any chance, is the sacrifice shop price scaling value within modding reach or is that hardcoded?

Hard coded right now.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2016, 11:21:14 pm »
Hard coded right now.
Alright. Thanks for the quick reply. :)

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2016, 11:31:25 pm »
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2016, 01:46:47 pm »

i second this finding the boss and then killing it in 2 minutes is pretty impossible and even if I did id miss out on so much that's its not worth taking at all.

Probation rewards are something I intend on altering a bit.

ALOT of them are like that; just not very good for what they ask you to do.  It's been bugging me for quite awhile.  Weapons are more of a priority right now though.

c.r

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2016, 08:50:17 pm »
List of Probation Items
Code: [Select]
1 Rush Hour Make it to the next floor within {0} seconds to receive: +50 Credits +5 Keycards +1 Max HP
2 Disarmament Make it to the next floor without using Missiles to receive: +25 Credits +3 Keycards +5 Missiles
3 One-Handed Make it to the next floor without using any energy to receive: +25 Credits +3 Keycards +5 Missiles
4 Medical Leave Make it to the next floor without healing in any way to receive: +50 Credits +5 Keycards +1 Max HP
5 Continued Perfection Make it to the next floor without taking damage in any way to receive: +50 Credits +5 Keycards +1 Max HP
6 Asceticism Make it to the next floor without using any consumables to receive: +25 Credits +3 Keycards +5 Missiles
7 Pauper Have 0 credits when leaving this floor to receive: +10 Credits +2 Keycards +2 Missiles
8 Big Spender Buy {0} items before leaving this floor to receive: +25 Credits +3 Keycards +5 Missiles
9 Puzzlemaster Collect all Health Shards before leaving this floor to receive: +25 Credits +3 Keycards +5 Missiles
10 Looter Open ALL loot containers before leaving this floor to receive: +25 Credits +3 Keycards +5 Missiles
11 Cheapskate Buy all Cheap Shop items before leaving this floor to receive: +10 Credits +2 Keycards +2 Missiles
12 My Clique Have {0} familiars when leaving this floor to receive: +25 Credits +3 Keycards +5 Missiles
13 No Pain, No Gain Buy all Sacrifice shop item before leaving this floor to receive: +50 Credits +5 Keycards +1 Max HP
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2016, 09:09:55 pm »
Hm, a bunch of these probably need replacing at this point:

Disarmament, there's no reward worth holding back ALL missiles for the entire floor.  You typically miss out on countless opportunities for items (losing WAY more than you could gain from winning that), chances to enter secret/sacrifice rooms, and the ability to defend yourself.

Rush Hour is completely pointless.  Unusable.  Why is it even here?

No Pain No Gain is not viable anymore, that probably also needs replacing.  Trying to do it will just kill you.

Pauper too, maybe.  You need a seriously exact amount of credits to do that, depending on what items spawn in shops, AND you have to use a whole bunch of keys to get in the shops to spend money in them.  Talk about RNG...

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2016, 09:17:40 pm »
  • Disarmament - Add 3-10 max health (depending on difficulty)?
  • Rush Hour - Increase the time to be more generous and grant more max health and missiles?
  • No Pain, No Gain - Add 11+ max health. Essentially you get buy 2 get 1 free, and it covers the increasing cost of the sacrifice items too. We can also grant the health in advance so you don't have to have it, to spend it. And on level end it takes it away if you haven't bought them yet, which can result in death.
  • Pauper - The XP converter will allow you to get rid of money in 5 credit chunks, perhaps change it to be less than 5 credits remaining?
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk