Author Topic: Perk Overhaul Brainstorming  (Read 11277 times)

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
Re: Perk Overhaul Brainstorming
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2016, 05:59:44 pm »
There is a reoccurring pattern in children (and cats & dogs) that when given a gift inside of a box, many frequently are more interested in the box than the gift. Thus the idea of a treasure hunter mech. One that is interested in finding and opening boxes (i.e., chests), but not caring about what is inside (e.g., its all unimportant junk). Its the adventure that matters. So then the process of opening the chest is what gives them the reward, in this case random buffs.

Chest in Time: Fair point. Most likely there would be a shot clearing wave on leaving the chest.

Need for speed: Boss cheese, Still okay with it ;)

Radar  - Would be somewhat complicated to do.

SPEED - Given the universal hatred for the Limter Removal, this one will not be appreciated.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2016, 08:11:17 pm »
SPEED - Given the universal hatred for the Limter Removal, this one will not be appreciated.

Hey, I like the Limiter Removal nowadays so it's not universal anymore. :P

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2016, 08:15:03 am »
Need for speed: Boss cheese, Still okay with it ;)

My main problem with Need for Speed currently is that it seems to work too perfectly as a new mech game changing innate ability, so I'd rather not waste it on a perk. As a mech we could then offer perks that extend the duration or the effect and stuff. Berserker Mech or Beast Mech or something.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2016, 10:01:04 am »
That's fine with me. Add it to the design spec (that we've not touched in X time units) for the [redacted]?
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2016, 11:02:29 am »
That's fine with me. Add it to the design spec (that we've not touched in X time units) for the [redacted]?

Yeah, definitely add it to the [redacted] along with the other [redacted] for the [redacted].

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk