Author Topic: Love the name! :D  (Read 15941 times)

Offline wwwhhattt

Re: Love the name! :D
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2015, 10:23:55 am »
Just my first thoughts on the name. Sounds a bit clunky to me. Starward Rogue and Life at the End of the Universe are far better titles than Airship Eternal, but mashed together into Starward Rogue: Life at the End, it doesn't work for me.

Life at the End of the Universe seemed like a pretty good title although maybe it conjures up the feeling of a God game more than a shooter. Starward Rogue does completely scream shooter, though. One other minor consideration, are there any problems with having two games that start with Star?

For me, Life at the End of the Universe seems like the best title proposed so far.

I agree with this. Having a subtitle seems unnecessary and inelegant. I wasn't too fond of the "This World is Mine" after Stars Beyond Reach either, and, as far as I can tell, in conversation most folks just drop the subtitle anyway so it seems useless. Stuff like Tidalis, Bionic Dues, Skyward Collapse and so on are much more effective, I think. Plus, "Life at the end" seems truncated -- at the end of what? Life at the End of the Universe solves that problem and rolls off the tongue better.
It'll also let critics make jokes about The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, which might help publicity?

Offline Shock

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2015, 05:23:16 am »
Super into the name!

Offline Rythe

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2015, 08:20:54 pm »
+1 for 'Starward Rogue: Life at the End' being clunky, especially the 'Life at the End' part rolling off like a truncated subtitle.

But eh, it'll probably survive either way.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2015, 12:02:46 pm »
Just a heads up that folks might be interesting in a redshirts phase of the alpha, which is around now: https://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,18148.0.html
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2015, 02:48:03 pm »
Just a heads up that folks might be interesting in a redshirts phase of the alpha, which is around now: https://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,18148.0.html
hate to nit pick but  shouldn't that be interested rather than interesting? sure were all interesting but that doesn't make much sense.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 03:36:16 pm by crazyroosterman »
c.r

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2015, 03:17:18 pm »
Yep, interested rather than interesting.  Also sense instead of séance. ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2015, 03:20:00 pm »
Attention Pot, this is Agent Kettle: the target is in position.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2015, 03:22:33 pm »
Attention Pot, this is Agent Kettle: the target is in position.

Initializing mutual self-flagellation in 3...2...1...

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2015, 03:37:51 pm »
I don't know what your talking about I never put séance instead of sense I never get my grammar wrong at all.(I totally didn't have to edit anything I promise)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 04:39:25 pm by crazyroosterman »
c.r

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2015, 03:42:59 pm »
I don't know what your talking about I never put séance instead of sense I never get my grammar.(I totally didn't have to edit anything I promise)
Your phone's autocorrect is playing Typing of the Dead.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2015, 04:03:05 pm »
I'm really tempted to put a forum "censoring" rule in place that changes "séance" to "sense (in a spooky kind of way)" haha.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2015, 04:28:46 pm »
I'm really tempted to put a forum "censoring" rule in place that changes "séance" to "sense (in a spooky kind of way)" haha.
Hey, wait! How would French people be able to speak about "faire une séance d'AI War"? How will we be able to coordinate on the AI War Meeting Grounds?? You're killing your French community! Argl!
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2015, 04:35:21 pm »
Hey, wait! How would French people be able to speak about "faire une séance d'AI War"? How will we be able to coordinate on the AI War Meeting Grounds?? You're killing your French community! Argl!

I wouldn't actually do it!  My wife would know, but: what does séance mean in French?

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2015, 04:41:03 pm »
I wouldn't mind that I don't use that deliberately I its just more of a habit really.
c.r

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2015, 04:42:55 pm »
I don't know what your talking about I never put séance instead of sense I never get my grammar.(I totally didn't have to edit anything I promise)
Your phone's autocorrect is playing Typing of the Dead.
just for the record I'm not using a phone but good god that was embarrassing its been years since I last forgot to type parts of my sentence.
c.r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk