Author Topic: Health pickups on floor 5?  (Read 2963 times)

Offline steelwing

Health pickups on floor 5?
« on: January 30, 2016, 12:20:50 pm »
Last night I was having a heck of an awesome run.  Made it all the way to floor 5 with Green Envy.  My 4th floor boss was  ShrapnelRose.  By the time I hit her, I had 41 max health, and she knocked 12 HP off that by the time I killed her, thanks to my own miscalculations about where I could move without getting hit.
So I go into floor 5 with 29 HP of 41, expecting to find plenty of health pickups to recover from that.  And what do I find?  None.  Tons of credits and XP drops and some fairly nice items, but not a single health pickup.  Is that normal for 5th floor?

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
Re: Health pickups on floor 5?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 12:24:12 pm »
Might be RNG biting you.   Outside of that, I usually can scrap together full hp to fight Warden.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Darloth

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 12:48:28 pm »
I've noticed they're a little less common on floor 5, but I had at least four there last time I got there

Offline steelwing

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 01:14:57 pm »
I've only gotten that far this once.  If I pull it off again, hopefully the RNG is kinder to me.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 01:18:07 pm »
This is an Arcen game we are talking about.  RNG and kind don't usually mix ;)
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 08:16:31 pm »
 If you have over 20~25 max HP but lose a bit every now and then, I would recommend getting the level up or sacrifice item with HP on kill. Since each floor is bigger than the last, you can buffer yourself before every boss just through killing lots of small-fry. Having said that, a total lack of HP drops on a floor seems the very rare case too.

Offline steelwing

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2016, 11:38:05 pm »
This is an Arcen game we are talking about.  RNG and kind don't usually mix ;)
I did say "kinder"... :P  ;)

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2016, 11:43:57 pm »
I just ran a full 7 floor runand went from almost dead to 50+ hp by the 7th and had almost full hp at Terminus.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 12:34:10 am »
I just ran a full 7 floor runand went from almost dead to 50+ hp by the 7th and had almost full hp at Terminus.
Do you even lift?

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2016, 11:28:38 am »
Do you even lift?

Never forget leg day :)

Offline steelwing

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2016, 02:32:43 pm »
Do you even lift?

Never forget leg day :)
LOL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk