Author Topic: Have any 1080p videos we can use clips from?  (Read 3660 times)

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
Re: Have any 1080p videos we can use clips from?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016, 03:57:24 pm »
bleh if I had a channel id you all the videos you want.
c.r

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2016, 04:17:11 pm »
Concur on hitbox and player range. I'm actually terrible at figuring out hitboxes through game play, so I've just been assuming the hitbox is pretty much the entire sprite. A clearer hitbox would be lovely. Maybe it should be the part that flashes when hit, so after a few hits it'll be clear to a player naturally what it is.

....also Battleswarm's hard mode pattern is all sorts of glitched out.  How.... how did I not spot that....
I just met him on hard mode. It was...interesting.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2016, 04:19:44 pm »
The weapon firing sounds for the boss don't fit very well for me. They don't seem synchronized with any particular attack, perhaps the offset is too big?

That's because for the most part they're actually attached to the bullets, it seems.  First phase, for instance, they happen when one of the white shots splits into the 3 blue ones.

I personally dont even notice these things, so it's definitely out of my realm, heh.

Concur on hitbox and player range. I'm actually terrible at figuring out hitboxes through game play, so I've just been assuming the hitbox is pretty much the entire sprite. A clearer hitbox would be lovely. Maybe it should be the part that flashes when hit, so after a few hits it'll be clear to a player naturally what it is.

....also Battleswarm's hard mode pattern is all sorts of glitched out.  How.... how did I not spot that....
I just met him on hard mode. It was...interesting.

It's a bloody mess, is what it is.  You see how those red shots split like that?  They're not supposed to do that.  That's what screws the whole thing up.  There's supposed to be one solid red line for each purple "mine" after the purple beam has already fired.  Instead, they'll fire one red line and then like half a line in another direction for no reason and then one more bullet maybe.  Ugh.  The fun part will be figuring out WHY they do that.   Probably some damn typo somewhere.  I hate typos, so much...

Offline Rythe

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2016, 08:34:31 pm »
Well, I had a pretty lucky run (got myself so OP) and managed my first guardian victory. Of course, then I found out that the video had gotten compressed to uselessness. >.<

So after fiddling a bit, managed this clip of the Wallmaster boss - https://youtu.be/j71x287ZcX8

Still looks a touch compressed, but would this quality be usable for you, Chris?

PS: Wallmaster gave me such trouble the first time I hit it. This is the second time where I eventually got the hang of it...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 08:38:03 pm by Rythe »

Offline Rythe

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2016, 02:22:11 am »
And since you seem to want some non-boss gameplay in here, got some pretty good moments out of this Floor 3 clear - https://youtu.be/4q1xh3n9r4E

Hadn't realized youtube takes a while to add in the not 360P formats too, so ended up splitting the video into two parts and editing out some extra dead time. Bonus to you, I suppose.

Oh right, and my framerate sucks. :p

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2016, 08:05:26 am »
Ok, noted. I might get to find out what that Shadowplay thing does on my computer after all.

And since you seem to want some non-boss gameplay in here, got some pretty good moments out of this Floor 3 clear - https://youtu.be/4q1xh3n9r4E

Oh dear, you should be using your energy weapon more often. ;P
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 08:09:51 am by zharmad »

Offline Rythe

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2016, 08:11:36 pm »
Oh dear, you should be using your energy weapon more often. ;P

Yes, yes I do. And start using missiles to clear bullets I don't like more often.

Offline PurpleFrog

• YouTuber playing 4x, strategy and rogue-like games
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2016, 05:02:07 am »
Greetings,

I'm by far not the best player (I've only had the game a few days), but I will have 1080p videos on my channel. The first "what is" went up on Monday and my next vid goes up tomorrow (today? Wednesday at any rate). http://www.youtube.com/PurpleFrogPlays Let me know if any of it is useful for you and what you plan to use, if anything. I'm fine with using the footage, though. Thanks for letting us Let's Play the game!

Cheers,
Frog

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2016, 03:23:17 pm »
The streamer that Pepisolo found (WindlessZephyr) (per: https://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,18512.0/topicseen.html) might also be willing to donate some video. His youtube is only 720p, but he could probably do 1080p if you get in touch with him.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline windlesszephyr

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2016, 08:54:34 pm »
I can see about getting some 1080p footage for my channel, and you're welcome to use any of it :D

If it needs some specific audio settings or something, like no commentary etc. I can make that a reality too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk