Author Topic: Hard victory  (Read 2450 times)

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
Hard victory
« on: February 13, 2016, 10:02:55 pm »
Just took down hard using Flame Mech. 2x Corrosive + 1x Basic Drone ftw.

Comments:
1) Are Corrosive supposed to fire a swath of bullet-destroying shots?!
2) Wow, that basic drone @ 90 credits!!!
3) Labyrinth boss basically did nothing. I stood in front and burned it down with nearly nothing even approaching me. Then went around the edge killing its pods. Something odd there.
4) New Invader is nice, or was that entirely new stage just Hard mode! Note that on the bouncing blue shots before he breaks free, the top left corner is just far enough away to be safe from getting hit by the blue shots.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Hard victory
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 10:34:26 pm »
Answers:

1.  No.  But that fix is coming for the next update.

2.  It was necessary.  Bloody powerful thing, that.  A bit much.

3.  Arrrgh

4.  Yeah, it's an entirely new thing.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 11:33:29 pm »
Okay, for Labyrinth:  Do you mean that it just plain didn't do ANYTHING, just sat there?  Was it not firing it's chaser shot?

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 12:32:58 am »
Okay, for Labyrinth:  Do you mean that it just plain didn't do ANYTHING, just sat there?  Was it not firing it's chaser shot?
Didn't notice any "chaser" shots. Some stuff bounced around the outside, but honestly, not a very high volume at all. If I had to stay in the outside ring, it would have been fairly easy to avoid what was there indefinitely. I think all the shots came from the outside. The middle boss did literally nothing. And I wasn't at super high damage, so it wasn't a quick burn. I suppose it is possible that my dual corrosive familiars were killing whatever it fired, but they have enough delay that I would have expected to see at least something slip through the cracks. I mean, there is a solid 2ish second window of no bullet destroying corrosive lasers, and it fired nothing during that window the entire period until it died.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 12:52:44 am »
Ah, yeah, it was probably the corrosive things.  The boss should be firing a special shot that constantly chases you while attacking on it's own.

I have yet to find a way to make bullets that cant be cancelled, so that's a problem.  I can make them not vanish upon impact with a target, but that doesnt stop cancellation.

Maybe there IS a way to do it, but as usual the XML document is too much of a maze for me to find anything in it.  A more intrepid explorer than myself would have to go in search for that.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 01:06:26 am »
Or I found the way to do it about 5 minutes after posting that.

Well, that's fixed now...

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 06:02:14 pm »
Maybe there IS a way to do it, but as usual the XML document is too much of a maze for me to find anything in it.  A more intrepid explorer than myself would have to go in search for that.

The code-behind is about as dense and unforgiving.  But you can at least tell what kinds of properties the system supports (as you discovered, there was one that did what you wanted).  Which is how I brute-forced my way through some of the things we did with TLF. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk