Author Topic: Found another LP on Youtube here...  (Read 5057 times)

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Found another LP on Youtube here...
« on: May 30, 2016, 01:16:32 am »
Specifically, right here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXGaQ20PZpQ

Having just started, he's beginning with the updated version of the game, so that's a pretty good starting point.

I don't have too much to say about it just yet myself... I stumbled onto this a couple of minutes ago and haven't had a watch yet (but will do so later and probably will leave a comment there), but as I naturally want to support this sort of thing, I figured I'd mention it here, if anyone else cares to have a look.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
Re: Found another LP on Youtube here...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 04:22:26 am »
Fascinating accent.

Edit: HOLY FRACKALICIOUS! AN HOUR LONG? Man needs to space up his content better. Ain't nobody got time for that.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 04:28:19 am »
Fascinating accent.

Edit: HOLY FRACKALICIOUS! AN HOUR LONG? Man needs to space up his content better. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Well, YouTube does save your place in videos if you exit them early.   I just do that with a lot of longer videos and come back whenever... some LPs are like this with really long vids.  Even for some of the major Youtubers, they do this every now and then.

On a side note, if any of the others see this, there's an item that appears in the secret room, causes enemy movement speed to go down by 20%, but it has no name.  Figured I ought to mention that.

Been awhile since I've seen a real bug/mistake appear in a vid like this.  Or my memory is terrible.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 10:27:21 am »
Yeah, I saw this one. A very good run. Interesting to see someone running with the BAB200. I should really make notes when watching these vids, like I do with the Windless Zephyr ones, so that certain things stay fresh in my mind, bugs and feedback etc.

Here is another SR series, but I haven't watched most of these yet.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2fCsHy3Q-g7NQLBAaWIvassauoZX2YHj

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 11:41:38 am »
Fascinating accent.

Well, YouTube does save your place in videos if you exit them early.   I just do that with a lot of longer videos and come back whenever... some LPs are like this with really long vids.  Even for some of the major Youtubers, they do this every now and then.

On a side note, if any of the others see this, there's an item that appears in the secret room, causes enemy movement speed to go down by 20%, but it has no name.  Figured I ought to mention that.

Been awhile since I've seen a real bug/mistake appear in a vid like this.  Or my memory is terrible.
Unfortunately this bloody function only semi-works for me. It tends to forget where I was, very very often. I personally have a few 1+ hour  videos on my channel, but they are exclusively uploads of livestreams. My regular content I try to keep around 20 minutes, 30 at the very most. Because most people just don't have that much time to invest at any one time.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 07:30:31 pm »
That's because YouTube is designed, managed, and built by a pile of extremely drunken monkeys with hammers.

I mean, really, the place is pretty much a glitch farm.

Usually the glitches I run into is everything BUT the video time thing, which usually works.  Everything else though?   Nnnnnnope!   BUGS!   

Seriously, how that damn site ever got to where it is, I'll never understand.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 12:40:21 am »
That's not even the half of it.  You should see some of my recommended videos (for one, Youtube will recommend me videos from channels I've been subscribed to for years because it deletes an item from my watch history after 2 months).

Because I watched
"Luuup Litter Box - The Best Cat Litter Box Ever Made" <-- kickster promo video thing
YT recommended
"Chewbacca Mom takes James Corden to work" <-- how is this even related?

I get shit like this all the time.

What.  It just recommended me a video because I watched "Chinese Worker Risks Life To Install Air Conditioner Unit On High Rise Apartment Bui."  I watched that lovably years ago at this point.  Jesus Christ!

Ah, another wacky recommendation. Because I watched:
[a clip from Men in Black where J talks about 'a person is smart, people are dumb panicky animals]
YT recommended
"Thug and Judge go at it - Judge Joe Brown - funny, sad, and reality of young black men"
AND "Five Reasons to Switch to a Windows Phone"

I don't even.

And yes, I make liberal use of the "not interested -> tell us why" feature (that's how I know what the recommendations are based on, because one of the checkboxes will be "don't recommend videos based on X").
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 12:54:02 am by Draco18s »

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 01:39:55 pm »
Yeah, Youtube is extremely wonky on that part. For the most part, recommendations work decently for me. But I will still get a lot of WTF-ery now and then.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 11:43:07 pm »
Oh yeah, most of the time for me too.  Its just there's the occasional "What."

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 11:12:06 am »
My favourite was some conspiracy, tin-foil hat ridden video about how "lizard men" were infiltrating the US government. I scratched my head pretty hard on that one.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 12:07:31 pm »
My favourite was some conspiracy, tin-foil hat ridden video about how "lizard men" were infiltrating the US government. I scratched my head pretty hard on that one.

I got one the other day about how the ISS is fake and all those videos "from space" are fake because getting "stuff" into orbit is impossible.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 07:27:45 am »
So apparently the Anomaly Detector, a rare consumable that can find secret rooms for you (and thus, is a very good thing, as secret rooms = a free item, and the game's hyper-powerful items are sealed in there too), can in fact appear in the secret room.   And thus, it happened.

The Random Number Gods were angry this day.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 12:21:41 pm »
Or at least slightly miffed.  Finding secret rooms isn't hard.  Hell, I've walked into a couple rooms to find the door already open.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2016, 04:53:51 pm »
Just bigging up this crazy run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtOqMcJw0Rw

If you like Creator runs, this is the one for you.

One thing I noticed, in addition to shrinking your mech, Compact Molecules also reduces your damage. This seems too negative to me, not only are you spending health, you're also getting reduced damage. I think we should probably just remove the damage reduction. Anybody got any thoughts on this?

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2016, 07:09:50 pm »
One thing I noticed, in addition to shrinking your mech, Compact Molecules also reduces your damage. This seems too negative to me, not only are you spending health, you're also getting reduced damage. I think we should probably just remove the damage reduction. Anybody got any thoughts on this?
That's how it used to be actually, but it was recently changed to also reduce damage. I noticed it quickly because I was buying it in every run. (A smaller hitbox is just such a huge advantage in a bullethell context.) Now, I have to consider if I'll be able to offset the lack of damage or if I'm better off prioritizing offense and make dodging tougher. Not a bad thing in my opinion. But if it's generally seen as not worth it now, maybe the numbers just need to be adjusted?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk