Author Topic: Finally have beaten the Warden!  (Read 3514 times)

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
Finally have beaten the Warden!
« on: January 26, 2016, 11:33:26 pm »
It was however only thanks to the Backfire exploit  :P
I started with the Flame tank Mech and got somwhere towards the end the railgun (maingun, not secondary) which made him really easy.
I also picked upthe thing that gives you 50% more damage but removes criticals (forgot the name). I like to rely on steady damage output and not on luck (the reason why I hate isaac but love this game).
The damage output at the end was so high, I killed the warden in a few shots in ech of his stages. I wouldn't say it was too easy because he still gave me a challenge but he is a lot easier when you rely more on offense instead of defense. The only thing you want to have is at least a single basic drone that blocks bullets. makes his thiird stage easier.

Offline KillerofGods

• Newbie Mark III
Re: Finally have beaten the Warden!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 11:56:41 pm »
I managed to beat him for the first time (on normal) yesterday. I agree I mostly go with more damage but that run I went a little bit more defense towards the end in that I got the ressurection item and something that will give me half damage for 10 seconds. Turns out I didn't even need either of them.

I just made sure to wait till phase 3 before burning all my energy and missles as phase 3 is the only one that gives me a lot of trouble.

Edit: What is the Backfire exploit?

Offline Rujasu

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 11:59:06 pm »
Edit: What is the Backfire exploit?
The drones spawned by backfire give stupid amounts of experience each so you can just grind them. Should be fixed in the latest patch.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 12:02:03 am »
Yeah, it's the third phase that is so damn hard. But it's easier with defensive items.

The Backfire exploit has been fixed so you won't find it ingame anymore, I was probably the last one to enjoy it. Backfire summons units that you could destroy for 800xp each. Instead of paying attention to the boss, you could just farm those little guys and boost your level.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 12:03:07 am »
I've gotten to the warden  a few times my self never close but no cigar though sad really but ill get there eventually. ps and yes I do agree offence is more valuable to me than defence defence in game like this were you cant technically never take any damage at all though is always going to be that much weaker than offence realy
c.r

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 12:03:59 am »
Yeah, it's the third phase that is so damn hard. But it's easier with defensive items.

The Backfire exploit has been fixed so you won't find it ingame anymore, I was probably the last one to enjoy it. Backfire summons units that you could destroy for 800xp each. Instead of paying attention to the boss, you could just farm those little guys and boost your level.
thank god for that I hated being forced to artificially level my self like that.
c.r

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 07:39:20 am »

thank god for that I hated being forced to artificially level my self like that.

Yeah, on a scale from 1 to oops, that glitch definitely rated an "ARGH".   I cant believe I left that one in there.  Just... it was so obvious.... ugh.

I *think* that the Backfire boss is done breaking things now though.  I think.   Or ignoring it's own first phase, it was doing that sometimes too.

Why is the third phase killing everyone though?  It's the least aggressive of all of his attacks.

I'll give a hint on that one, it's a trick pattern.    Yes that's the entire hint.  I didn't say I wouldnt be unpleasant about it and laugh in the background....

Of course my real question is how many people have reached/fought Terminus.   I havent heard of many taking that guy down.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 08:09:15 am »
It's not that he is aggressive about it, it's that he traps you with his bullets and if you don't know how to react, you cannot dodge it. And even IF you know how to react, it's still hard to dodge. On top of this he also encloses himself with some kind of shield, making it harder to hit him steadily.
The third phase gets a lot easier once you get ANYTHING that can destroy enemy bullets. You can break a hole in the trapping walls of bullets he shoots at you.

I haven't seen Terminus except from some screenshots. I think I have to beaten Warden more often? Because that's what Rodney says.

Offline Rujasu

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 02:23:10 pm »
Of course my real question is how many people have reached/fought Terminus.   I havent heard of many taking that guy down.
I'm in an awkward position where I don't really want to kick the difficulty up a notch before killing Terminus at least once, but at the same time the first five floors are really easy. It's just become a grind.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 04:38:35 pm »
I started with the Flame tank Mech and got somwhere towards the end the railgun (maingun, not secondary) which made him really easy.
I also picked upthe thing that gives you 50% more damage but removes criticals (forgot the name). I like to rely on steady damage output and not on luck (the reason why I hate isaac but love this game).
The damage output at the end was so high, I killed the warden in a few shots in ech of his stages. I wouldn't say it was too easy because he still gave me a challenge but he is a lot easier when you rely more on offense instead of defense. The only thing you want to have is at least a single basic drone that blocks bullets. makes his thiird stage easier.
Congrats!
I yet have to vet see it for the first time :-\.
Well I guess that is the price for me insisting on doing it at least on Normal ;D.
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 05:21:50 pm »
I haven't seen Terminus except from some screenshots. I think I have to beaten Warden more often? Because that's what Rodney says.

Yep.  There's more places to go beyond the Warden.

Try to equip well before fighting Terminus though; he and his guardians are much stronger than the Warden is.

Though currently their HP is perhaps still in flux.  The game's balance isnt quite perfect yet so boss HP may go up and down based on what players are finding and what sorts of tricks are easy to pull off.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 08:30:06 pm »

Yeah, on a scale from 1 to oops, that glitch definitely rated an "ARGH".   I cant believe I left that one in there.  Just... it was so obvious.... ugh.

I *think* that the Backfire boss is done breaking things now though.  I think.   Or ignoring it's own first phase, it was doing that sometimes too.

Why is the third phase killing everyone though?  It's the least aggressive of all of his attacks.

I'll give a hint on that one, it's a trick pattern.    Yes that's the entire hint.  I didn't say I wouldnt be unpleasant about it and laugh in the background....

yea I'm glad its gone the worst part was I couldn't not over level on that thing despite how much I wanted to also just fought the labyrinth and I really think the machine gun that the green envy starts with is over power I reduced that thing to less than half its hp by the time id emptied it(with ammo upgrades mind you) does anybody else think this?. edit I don't know how on earth my reply got janked up like that.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 10:10:15 pm by crazyroosterman »
c.r

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2016, 09:50:34 pm »
Congrats!
Well I guess that is the price for me insisting on doing it at least on Normal ;D.

I also prefer normal. I started super easy once and was disgussted immideatly how easy it was. No offense for the game makers, I guess some people just need these baby things on your feet, but I found myself kinda offended how easy it was. I only finished one room and directly abandoned the run.
I haven't seen easy but I guess it's not that bad.

I think super easy is okay for children or people that don't have any clue what the game is about but for everythign else it just offends tehir skills.
However, i bet Misery says the same for Normal, so who am I to say somethign like that?

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 09:55:44 pm »
Okay, who buffed the Warden? Second time I ran across him and his second phase completely murdered me. Way too many shots with too few gaps xD
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2016, 10:12:03 pm »
Congrats!

I also prefer normal. I started super easy once and was disgussted immideatly how easy it was. No offense for the game makers, I guess some people just need these baby things on your feet, but I found myself kinda offended how easy it was. I only finished one room and directly abandoned the run.
I haven't seen easy but I guess it's not that bad.

I think super easy is okay for children or people that don't have any clue what the game is about but for everythign else it just offends tehir skills.
However, i bet Misery says the same for Normal, so who am I to say somethign like that?
generally speaking that modes just going to be for people who are the absolute worse at video games personally I haven't even touched that id get bored shit less if I did.
c.r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk