Author Topic: empty room.  (Read 3765 times)

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
empty room.
« on: February 10, 2016, 11:22:41 pm »
just found an odd little thing small room with literally nothing in it seems like a bug to me I've already reported this.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 11:24:22 pm by crazyroosterman »
c.r

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
Re: empty room.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 11:26:12 pm »
In that room, hit F3 and get the name from the last line (it's a .txt).  That would be really helpful.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 11:42:51 pm »
In that room, hit F3 and get the name from the last line (it's a .txt).  That would be really helpful.
yea I wish it did but I don't get anything in fact I'm not sure what the purpose of that button is(aside from turning my Wi-Fi of because I really need a button for that) sorry.
c.r

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 12:03:13 am »
yea I wish it did but I don't get anything in fact I'm not sure what the purpose of that button is(aside from turning my Wi-Fi of because I really need a button for that) sorry.

It's a debugging type menu (just information in a window).
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 12:27:13 am »

It's a debugging type menu (just information in a window).
yea I get nothing I'm afraid I really need to re map some of those keys to things that are actually useful some time.
c.r

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 12:47:51 am »
Don't worry about it.  I'll dig it up.

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 02:19:54 pm »
Sounds like your laptop is set to have the FN function of those keys on by default, which allows you to adjust sound volumne, mute, turn wifi on and off, and such just by pressing a single button. To access the F-key (F1, F2, and F3 which is what you want here) press the key with the blue FN on it, normally located in the bottom left between the Control and Alt keys. Then press F3 and it should send the actual key F3 instead of whatever the special function is, wifi on/off in your case.

Most new laptops are setup this way. There is a setting you can change to reverse the behaviour so that you need to push the FN key first to get the special functions of those buttons, but you might find that annoying for stuff like volumne up/down and such.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 04:40:03 pm »
You could also take a screenshot.

Anyway, its Starting/CMP_EWPlatform.txt. That's the room you started the level in so it is supposed to be empty after you leave and reenter it.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 04:51:01 pm »
You could also take a screenshot.

Anyway, its Starting/CMP_EWPlatform.txt. That's the room you started the level in so it is supposed to be empty after you leave and reenter it.
yea I realised that I think I had a bit of a brain fart there and had the delusion that id started in the room next door 0_0 sorry for wasting your time cinth.
c.r

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2016, 07:36:48 pm »
sorry for wasting your time cinth.

I was going to do this today so the only time I invested what what it took me to respond on the forum.  No worries.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk