Author Topic: Eligible To Edit Files/Textures For Speedrunning?  (Read 7554 times)

Offline QuantumKris

• Newbie Mark II
Eligible To Edit Files/Textures For Speedrunning?
« on: March 05, 2018, 10:07:48 pm »
I am a little curious here to ask if it'd be eligible or morally allowed for me to edit some textures and or other files n things around in the game to mayyyyybe make it a little bit easier.

As I am now, I'm starting to become quite swell enough at the game to where I don't need to look at my character to dodge, it becomes automatic for me. So because of this, I thought to make an easier crosshair to look at (as no offense, but the default one is too big and I don't like it <)'-')>). This is what the new crosshair that I made looks like:

In addition to this, I would like to try and make the bonus MissilesForSpecial_Dict things a littttle easier to catch when I'm zooming across the rooms n such. I haven't changed anything of it yet, so I'll wait depending on the responses for this.

Offline Logorouge

Re: Eligible To Edit Files/Textures For Speedrunning?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 10:29:40 pm »
Why not? It's just aesthetical changes. Alternate crosshairs would be nice, now that you mention it.
And even if it wasn't just graphic-related, as long as you're transparent about the modifications you used on a speedrun or similar, I think it's all right.
I recommend making backups of things you modify, so you can easily revert back and do tests. Apart from that, go wild!  >D

Offline QuantumKris

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 11:15:00 pm »
Ohhh yes yes I've learned the.. hard way.. of making sure to make a lot of backups for when I tool around with stuff. I'm sure Ima find more creative n neat things to make with these tiny changes though! ?? ? ? ? ??

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 09:59:00 am »
Seems to be to be entirely ethical. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk