Author Topic: Centrifuge, Misery Mode  (Read 5218 times)

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
Re: Centrifuge, Misery Mode
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2016, 03:44:22 pm »
Am I imagining things or is that thing speeding up?
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2016, 04:53:14 pm »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2016, 06:43:01 pm »
My biggest gripe with this boss is performance.

Most of the bullets are irrelevant because of the ones which are closer, is not there anyway to "summarize" the pattern?

By summarizing I mean: Areas which are safe to walk are still same, but this is forced by fewer bullets.

Not as easy to thin it out as it might seem.  There's a few issues with that, but I'll look into it at least a bit.  Dont expect much though.

That being said, to some degree a bit of performance loss is probably unavoidable on this mode due to the nature of it.  Well, for those with weaker machines anyway.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2016, 07:04:15 pm »
Am I imagining things or is that thing speeding up?
https://xkcd.com/123/
You have a waitty answer for everything, don't you? ^^
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline tombik

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2016, 07:53:19 pm »

Most of the bullets are irrelevant because of the ones which are closer, is not there anyway to "summarize" the pattern?

By summarizing I mean: Areas which are safe to walk are still same, but this is forced by fewer bullets.

Not as easy to thin it out as it might seem.  There's a few issues with that, but I'll look into it at least a bit.  Dont expect much though.

That being said, to some degree a bit of performance loss is probably unavoidable on this mode due to the nature of it.  Well, for those with weaker machines anyway.

What I saw in the video is that you also had some lag though.

I gave up for my computer's performance long ago, but if you make bullets more and more with each new enemy, there may not be any PC which is good enough for Misery Terminus :)

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2016, 08:17:32 pm »

I gave up for my computer's performance long ago, but if you make bullets more and more with each new enemy, there may not be any PC which is good enough for Misery Terminus :)

This is the spammiest of the bosses iirc. 
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2016, 08:37:36 pm »

This is the spammiest of the bosses iirc.

Pretty much.

Most of them dont require nearly so many shots at once to produce their effect.  This one though, much to my annoyance, does.  When I've tried to remove some shots from it, exploitable holes form.  It's pretty annoying.

But then, it's also by far the most difficult of all of the boss patterns to adjust.

This boss was actually sort of an accident from the very start.  I'd actually been originally trying to get it to do something entirely different, and instead it did something like the pattern seen on Normal.  Cant remember what I was trying to get it to do exactly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk