Author Topic: Arcoris 2x needs nerfing  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Matruchus

• Jr. Member Mark II
Arcoris 2x needs nerfing
« on: February 02, 2016, 11:17:16 am »
In last time I'm having difficulty beating Arcoris 2X. It seems as if in last few game versions their speed has been turned up a lot (the same as for other mini bosses). So usually when I get out of the way of one Arcoris the other one flings the rolling bullet ball at me at exactly the spot where I'm going in order to evade the other rolling ball. This is really the only mini boss that's getting impossible to beat for me. Last run I died on floor 3 fighting those things with 20/20 health and died. I don't know. It seems to me now that its easier to kill a boss then those things but I might be wrong.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
Re: Arcoris 2x needs nerfing
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 11:48:58 am »
They're definitely the hardest miniboss, but not unbeatable by any stretch. They tend to get a free hit on me as I enter the room. They're just so damn fast so before you react to what it is, boom, you're hit. (Yes, I know I should sit still and read the health bar before moving. Shush!)
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline steelwing

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 01:48:15 pm »
Arcoris 2X is actually the first miniboss I ever encountered.  They're quite fast and hard to hit.  Flame Tank makes them easier to beat, though.

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 02:08:17 pm »
I still haven't figured out the targetting on their straight shot. Honestly, that's the only one that ever hits me. Sometimes it seems to lead me, other times not. The biggest reason they are at all hard is because our range is so short. More range would make them much easier.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 03:09:22 pm »
I still haven't figured out the targetting on their straight shot. Honestly, that's the only one that ever hits me. Sometimes it seems to lead me, other times not. The biggest reason they are at all hard is because our range is so short. More range would make them much easier.

The straight shots follow the Arcoris momentum, so if you keep one of them on screen you should be able to predict where the shot will go.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 04:41:54 pm »
I find them a breeze to handle personally I usually nuke one of them with the combined arms of my main and secondary and then bully the one that's left by constantly going ahead of its movement pattern while shooting it in the face.
c.r

Offline Rythe

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 07:56:46 pm »
Arcoris 2x is a harder miniboss, true, but I think a lot of that is how unique its behavior is.  The rolling bullet balls are triggered by shooting one of their bullets, and their straight shots take a while to learn how to juke but are pretty easy to avoid (technically speaking).

When I get hit by them, I usually see exactly what I did to deserve it.

But misleading their aim can be a bit tricky and one of the bigger learning curves in the game, true. Still, I don't seem them needing a nerf. Might make for another decent reason to extend the range of our primary weapons slightly, though.

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 12:26:22 am »

The straight shots follow the Arcoris momentum, so if you keep one of them on screen you should be able to predict where the shot will go.
Thank you! I couldn't put my finger on what was wrong with them.

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 04:55:14 am »
HILARIOUS. So, to fight Arcoris, don't move unless their bomb is going to hit you. Because they are always moving, and their shots aim at you BUT also have their momentum, they CAN'T hit you. Their shot always slides away from you. The only way you can get hit by their beam shot is if you are so close when they fire the tail can't clear you before their movement carries it away. So move just enough to avoid the bomb and stay at about max range of a corner.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk