Author Topic: Any way to get this loot without taking damage?  (Read 2577 times)

Offline Vacuity

• Full Member Mark II
Any way to get this loot without taking damage?
« on: January 26, 2016, 01:22:48 pm »
I'm terrible at this game, but I'm currently on my best ever run.  I'm on level 2 for the third time ever but this time I think I might actually get somewhere for once.  Yes, yes, you may laugh, but I'm having a ball.

Anyway, is there any way to get the loot in the centre of this room without taking damage from the mech-caltrops?

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Any way to get this loot without taking damage?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 01:26:22 pm »
Exit the room so your shields recharge, and then come back in, and run across the spikes quickly so you only take one hit.

Offline Tolc

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 01:26:38 pm »
With two shields, yes. Else, no ;)

Offline Vacuity

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 01:31:38 pm »
 ::) No shields...

Oh, well, I got over with only losing one health point, and I'm hoping the keycard will be enough to pay off for extra health somewhere on the level.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 01:38:15 pm »
You can do it with one shield and the damage immunity timer.  Just sprint across it N/S.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Vacuity

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 02:45:10 pm »
Err, while I'm posting noob stuff, how do you use the special attachments?  I just keep switching them for other ones, but never use them...

My awesome run failed on the second to last level when I met a miniboss called Pincer.  I nearly got him before I got wiped, but including the time taken to figure out how he worked it was too much for my red shift's health.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 02:50:44 pm »
Attachments?  I'm guessing you mean consumables... like the things that say "get double damage for 5 seconds!" or something, yeah?

I dont think the tutorial explains how to use those (it should...), but if you go into your control settings, you can find the key binding for that.   And then all you gotta do is just hit that.  They activate instantly and then are gone after one use.

Offline Vacuity

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 02:54:05 pm »
I'm guessing you mean consumables... like the things that say "get double damage for 5 seconds!" or something, yeah?

I dont think the tutorial explains how to use those (it should...),
It doesn't, and I agree it should.

Thanks for that!

Offline Tolc

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 09:40:46 pm »
You can do it with one shield and the damage immunity timer.  Just sprint across it N/S.

Duh, of course. I'm always careful around spikes, so that didn't even occur to me.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk