Author Topic: Any tips for Hard Lady Staccato?  (Read 1563 times)

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
Any tips for Hard Lady Staccato?
« on: July 03, 2016, 06:27:33 pm »
I have made it to the 4th floor 3 times in a row (furthest I've gotten so far), and each time I get my ass kicked by Staccato there. She's got a real nasty pattern, though I think with some practice I can eventually get past her. Any advice for her? It's usually the yellow missile things that get me. I can't seem to be able to predict their patterns at all.
On a related note, it doesn't seem like she has a second stage. She seems to be doing the same messed up shit throughout the whole fight, unless I'm missing something. I should actually say that it seems like she's in her second stage the whole fight, like she's missing a somewhat easier stage.
Anyway, just my thoughts. Feel free to ignore them or laugh at them :P

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
Re: Any tips for Hard Lady Staccato?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 09:56:42 pm »
She has only 1 phase.
There is an enhanced version for hard.
Her pattern is rough, but short. Once you get the hang of it, you just have to keep repeating it.
The yellow shots are targeted at your location when they fire, remember that your movement needs to avoid all three of those salvos.
Short fast steps are the key for my success on her.
You can practice bosses from the main menu by selecting Mods and the picking the Boss_LadyStaccato Test Chamber.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 10:13:04 pm »
Staccato has one phase either A: because I thought it'd be too complicated for one boss with multiple patterns at that level, or B: because I felt like it.  I'm not sure which it was.

Either way, you want to be circling the boss.  Slowly.  As Ptarth says, short steps are the trick.  Note that the more you move at a time, the more distorted the pattern becomes, and the more distorted it is, the harder it is to dodge.  There are a variety of other things in the game... including the Warden... that use patterns that are based on distortion, so learning to move slowly and carefully to keep such patterns from going nuts is important. 

If you think THAT is hard though, try fighting Staccato on Hard mode.  The hard-mode version of that boss is actually getting a nerf with the next update because I went just a BIT overboard.

EDIT:  Oh.  I just noticed "hard" in the topic title.   So you ARE playing that version of this boss.   Yyyyyyep.   Yep.  It's... . it's a thing. 

Hmm.   The "circle it" tactic doesn't quite work against the Hard version.   I might make a quick video a bit later just to show how the fight is supposed to go.  Er.  Provided that I can.   I *really* went too far with that one...  it even gives me trouble sometimes.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 10:30:56 pm by Misery »

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 06:39:02 am »
haha good to know I'm not the only one who suffers on that one.
Yeah most of the bosses on hard I can deal with fairly well now. I can dodge most stuff and the only times I die are when my build is just messed up (need to resist the temptation of sacrifice shops more often, especially in the early game). But Staccato is just dreadful. Died on her again today. The only times I can make it past floor 4 are when I use one of those skip the floor items (when only the boss is left of course), or when it's a different boss.
I'm glad she's getting a nerf in the next patch. Even if it's just a tiny nerf, I'll take it.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 07:19:42 am »
It's enough of a nerf to bring the fight down to where it's SUPPOSED to be, I can say that much.

However, some bosses got a bit of a boost in some ways, which sorta makes up for that.  The fact that Labyrinth will finally also show up again may have an effect, too, since it's so different from all of the other bosses, and none of the usual tactics work on it.  It forces you to sprint.  During the fight.  It's either that, or get hit by the thing with the highest damage level in the entire game, which is also one of the few bullet-things that cant be cancelled.  Player reactions should be interesting.  The normal mode of the thing needs a boost though.  Probably.

The late-game in particular will be a bit harder after the update.  Not just the bosses.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk