Author Topic: The most important question.  (Read 10265 times)

Offline ElOhTeeBee

• Jr. Member Mark II
The most important question.
« on: October 04, 2015, 11:35:11 am »
"Shoot the core!"

"Heaven is here inside my soul!"

"WARNING - A HUGE BATTLESHIP 'ECLIPSE EYE' IS APPROACHING FAST"

"Approach your target and attack! Your mission starts now! Are you ready?"

"WARNING. The big enemy is approaching at full throttle. According to the data, it is identified as 'Butsutekkai'. NO REFUGE"

As you can tell from the above, good bad dialogue is very important to the feel of shmups. What will LatEotU's ever so slightly engrishy pre-boss-battle quote be?

Spoiler for Hiden:
also mushihimesama pc port HYPE

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: The most important question.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 08:18:14 am »
Quote from: ElOhTeeBee link=topic=18030.msg193754#msg193754 date=1443972911[spoiler
also mushihimesama pc port HYPE[/spoiler]

And about bloody time, eh?  That bit cant get here fast enough.   Which is why it'll release really blasted late in the year.  Ugh.

That being said, as far as the other stuff, hmmmm... based on what I know about THIS upcoming game, it's not going to be like the sort of games you're thinking of.

Though, that doesnt mean it cant have bloody stupid boss intro text.

Were it up to me though, I'd probably just tell them at the start to blast off and strike at the evil Bydo Empire, and then leave it at that.... too lazy to think up more.

Offline ElOhTeeBee

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 07:22:36 am »
And about bloody time, eh?  That bit cant get here fast enough.   Which is why it'll release really blasted late in the year.  Ugh.

According to a facebook post CAVE made at the start of the month, it might actually be ready to ship before the end of October if debugging goes well.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 10:54:47 am »
Well that'd sure be nice if it happens.

Either way I've at least got Eschatos and Raiden 4 to play until that comes out.  Excellent year for this genre so far.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 03:46:34 am »
I love the expression "good bad dialogue"
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline ElOhTeeBee

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 07:46:15 am »
Well that'd sure be nice if it happens.

Either way I've at least got Eschatos and Raiden 4 to play until that comes out.  Excellent year for this genre so far.
Having finished it a few days ago, I can safely recommend Undertale. Not only is the combat vaguely shmuppy, but it's a great game in general.

I love the expression "good bad dialogue"
Can you think of a better way to describe Zero Wing's intro? I sure can't.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 09:03:12 am »
To be fair, that's no "good" bad dialogue. That's just cringeworthy and horrible. The only reason it has any "cool" is because of the "all your base are belong to us" meme. Personally, I don't find it the least bit amusing.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline dfinlay

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 04:19:05 pm »
Having finished it a few days ago, I can safely recommend Undertale. Not only is the combat vaguely shmuppy, but it's a great game in general.

As amazing as Undertale is, I wouldn't recommend it to someone looking for a shmup. That's really not what you play Undertale for.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 12:29:25 am »
To be fair, that's no "good" bad dialogue. That's just cringeworthy and horrible. The only reason it has any "cool" is because of the "all your base are belong to us" meme. Personally, I don't find it the least bit amusing.

I was introduced to it as a dubbed item, where someone had taken it and legitimately put voice to it in all of the terrible badness that it was, matching acting ability with the poor translation, which just made it cult-B-movie-classic funny.

Sadly that version has sunk out of my ability to find it ever again because there's so many "dubbed" versions now and they're all less good (or do remixing* and that's just annoying).  Thus it has become trope and meme and no longer amusing.

*"All your base, base, base, base, all your base are belong to us" instead of "All your base are belong to us."

Offline gnosis

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 03:09:16 am »
Ah the AYBABTU meme brings so many memories...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk