Author Topic: **SPOILERS** More after Super Final Boss?  (Read 4115 times)

Offline Chthon

• Sr. Member Mark II
**SPOILERS** More after Super Final Boss?
« on: August 26, 2016, 07:25:33 am »
I happened to notice something, this being the second time I beat the Super Final Boss. There was a stairwell behind him going further down. It was also open before the boss died.

Is this a thing? Is this related to the fact that I have 2 perfect clears of this boss in my stats, but Steam hasn't given me the achievement for it yet? Is this why they threw this head into the incinerator anyways?

Should I try to go downstairs rather than WTFPWNing the Super Final Boss?

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
Re: **SPOILERS** More after Super Final Boss?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 09:54:44 am »
What is the name of the super final boss that you are fighting?
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Chthon

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 06:42:47 pm »
Terminus. The one on the 7th floor that Misery revamped, but still is ridiculously easy on Normal.

Offline Chthon

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 11:28:24 pm »
Upon reaching Terminus again, the green stairs was behind one of the blocked areas, and wouldn't be possible to get to without "Jaywalker" or the like. I wonder what happens if it ends up right behind him and you run in before it can stop you.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 12:03:49 am »
....green stairs?   What?

There shouldn't be any sort of open door or... stairs... appearing during that fight. There's nowhere for them to take you to. Floor 7 is the end of the line, which is also where Terminus got it's name.  Are you SURE that's what you're seeing?  Could it maybe be the door you came in by?

I don't suppose you could grab a screenshot of it the next time you see it?

Offline NickAragua

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 01:40:48 am »
I've definitely seen a door while delivering a beatdown to Terminus, but  the game fades out before I can get there. I can't imagine anything good happens if you go through that (see "object reference not set to instance of object").

Offline Chthon

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 06:40:15 am »
Yeah, On my third time fighting Terminus it didn't open till after I killed him, but on the second time I swear it was open from the point when he started moving, though Terminus died far too quickly for me to be 100% sure.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 09:35:07 am »
It would make sense if the door did appear. It should follow the same logic as the other boss fights. It doesn't lead anywhere. Yet.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Chthon

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 10:08:02 pm »
Well, next time I see it behind the boss, I'm making a break for it. They're not incinerating this head if I can help it. D:<

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 02:20:01 am »
Well, next time I see it behind the boss, I'm making a break for it. They're not incinerating this head if I can help it. D:<

I dunno, shoving it into a glitchy oblivion might have basically the same effect. 

On a side note, have you tried fighting the boss in test mode?  You might get some challenge out of it that way.  White gloss, 5 missiles, about 5 shots of the Rain Cannon, and that's all you've got.   This is all in the "mods" menu (which pretty much just consists of tons of test rooms).

Offline Endless Rain

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2016, 08:36:19 pm »
I've completed a playthrough with the Jaywalker Incredibility and made it through that door. You just get the normal ending, albeit with a minor interface glitch. (I think I got through the door in time, but since I had to do so extremely quickly I'm not 100% sure.) You still get achievements for that run if you go through the door; I got the Complete Run With Incredibility: Jaywalker achievement in that game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk