General Category > Starward Rogue Mods & Modding

XML questions and answers

(1/48) > >>

ptarth:
Repurposing this thread to be more useful as a Q&A XML thread.

My original Questions (and answers).

Back before Christmas I wrote out some rooms and enemies, which were slightly flawed at the time.

Flaws Included

* Need different room sizes
* Room sizes are hard coded. The ones available in the editor are the only ones available.

* Need different ship movement patterns
* Shot movements have an extensive underlying system. Ship movements are more limited right now, although an update post .80X is coming to add more options.

* Ship placement in the editor used to enforce a floor as the tile under the ship. Has this changed?
* I think so.

* Is xml documentation up to date [.802]?
* We think so.

ptarth:
And while I'm at it, I'll do some complaining off topic, having the Room definitions not be in the Configuration folder drives me nuts.

Pepisolo:

--- Quote from: ptarth on January 11, 2016, 06:13:19 pm ---Back before Christmas I wrote out some rooms and enemies, which were slightly flawed at the time.

Flaws Included

* Need different room sizes
* Need different movement patterns
* ability to change tile under enemy spawn
Is the xml documentation on the wiki up to date? I'd like to see if I could fix some of the issues I was having before shipping it off to Chris to reduce Arcen workload. Cheers.

--- End quote ---

The wiki is up to date, I'm pretty sure. Regarding room sizes, I haven't done a lot in this area, but you can't choose your own room size, I don't think, but you can choose from the variety of room sizes already available in the editor. As for movement patterns, do you mean enemy or shot movement patterns? You can do all kinds of crazy movements for shots, not so much for enemies (although one big improvement in this area is due). Not sure about your last, issue.

ptarth:
Q: I'm trying to create an enemy ship that has to slow down to change corners in nonmomentum mode, a psuedo-inertia style effect. Right now acceleration allows for the increase of current speed up to maximum speed, but then the enemy ship never slows down. That's not quite the effect I was looking for. Ideas?

ptarth:
Q: The wiki example of a ship: https://www.arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Starward_Rogue:XML_-_GameEntity_Definitions contains turning_resistance="2.25" has this been deprecated?
A: Yes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version