Author Topic: XML questions and answers  (Read 59343 times)

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
Re: XML questions and answers
« Reply #225 on: March 24, 2016, 07:38:06 am »
Some of us got promoted to help keep the spam bots out.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #226 on: March 24, 2016, 09:50:20 am »
Not that the stupid things ever stop coming, of course.  It's like trying to stop a zombie horde.  Except they're abnormally dumb, cant spell, and try to sell you crazy stuff.

But now they'll never get past the wall of people with too much free time on their hands.

Or is that bit just me?  Not sure.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #227 on: March 24, 2016, 04:08:55 pm »
What do you think our stance on purifying threads of off topic content should be?

I have to say, I'm a purists and would cleanse the world with fire.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #228 on: March 24, 2016, 06:59:29 pm »
If we tried to do something about threads that go off topic, most of the forum would just go up in smoke.

Would there be anything left?  I dont even know.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #229 on: March 24, 2016, 07:10:11 pm »
Baring a counter suggestion, I propose at least technical threads should be cleansed.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #230 on: March 24, 2016, 07:12:49 pm »
Leave it as is.  There is your counter. 
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #231 on: March 24, 2016, 07:36:11 pm »
So, if I'm the id, and Cinth is the superego, is then Pepisolo the ego? In this analogy Misery would be a fluctuating conscious/subconscious drive that acts nearly independent to the gestalt.

More seriously, technical threads are most useful when they contain relevant, accurate, and concise information. Banter decreases their use, and thus has negative value to the thread.

The patch threads (and suchlike) I'm less concerned with because they are more casual.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 07:51:30 pm by ptarth »

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #232 on: March 24, 2016, 09:16:35 pm »
I thought we were being technical?

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #233 on: March 24, 2016, 09:30:33 pm »
He's derailing this thread by talking about this thread.  Quick, post a cat gif.

The only thing on these forums that needs to be cleaned up are the spam bots.  Grab a flamethrower and proceed to BBQ some bots.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #234 on: March 24, 2016, 10:01:45 pm »
Trying to decide if the centers are upscaled too much. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 10:06:46 pm by ptarth »

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #235 on: March 24, 2016, 10:06:47 pm »
Looks fine to me, though art isn't my department.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk