Author Topic: XML questions and answers  (Read 59704 times)

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
Re: XML questions and answers
« Reply #210 on: February 22, 2016, 05:50:44 pm »
You'd also need access to if a boss was killed perfect.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #211 on: February 22, 2016, 06:59:31 pm »
Goddammit, I wanted to change it, so you get a bonus when you beat a boss on perfect.

Hm, that might not be a bad idea... maybe drop that one onto Mantis for later?

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #212 on: February 22, 2016, 07:03:53 pm »
If you're going to do something like that, might want to have it be fully featured

e.g.
Standard exp (10)
Exp if killed without taking damage (+5)
Game difficulty modifier (x1.5)

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #213 on: February 22, 2016, 09:47:46 pm »
Goddammit, I wanted to change it, so you get a bonus when you beat a boss on perfect.

I already did weeks ago but I never got an answer, so I wanted it to change myself.
https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=18630

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #214 on: February 22, 2016, 10:01:24 pm »

I already did weeks ago but I never got an answer, so I wanted it to change myself.
https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=18630

...oh.  Yeah, I'm thinking Chris and Keith just plain dont have enough time to really be going through the Mantis stuff right now, and I dont think that's something that the rest of us could add to the game ourselves (unless maybe Draco could do it?).  But I do kinda think it's a good idea to give the player a useful reward for perfecting something.  That'd be a satisfying mechanic.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #215 on: February 27, 2016, 08:22:01 pm »
...oh.  Yeah, I'm thinking Chris and Keith just plain dont have enough time to really be going through the Mantis stuff right now, and I dont think that's something that the rest of us could add to the game ourselves (unless maybe Draco could do it?).  But I do kinda think it's a good idea to give the player a useful reward for perfecting something.  That'd be a satisfying mechanic.

Maybe.  I'd have to look.
I'd like to solidify my own project before I delve into SR's codebase.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #216 on: February 28, 2016, 05:33:01 pm »
Should all experience be increased by difficulty? (i.e., regular enemies and xp items?)
Does giving more experience reduce the point of playing on the harder difficulties?
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #217 on: February 28, 2016, 05:51:20 pm »
Difficulty settings should not affect XP.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #218 on: February 28, 2016, 06:23:41 pm »
I would almost say to lower incoming XP as difficulty rises.

I can be unpleasant that way really.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #219 on: March 23, 2016, 10:12:18 pm »
I've been off of the forums, but still doing modding things. In secret. Just like this is my own personal secret forum. Anyway, a new question.

Q: Why does the orbital angle of a Ptarthian Orbit change depending on the presence or absence of a system (at least one)? The presence of one or more systems shifts the orbital by 45 degrees it seems.

A: Because someone (i.e., Keith) likes to know that I've descended into gibbering madness.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #220 on: March 23, 2016, 10:15:54 pm »
I don't have to deliberately implement such insanity-inducing features, they happen spontaneously. Saves me time and mental energy to devote to other goals.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #221 on: March 23, 2016, 10:40:09 pm »
I've been off of the forums, but still doing modding things. In secret. Just like this is my own personal secret forum. Anyway, a new question.

Q: Why does the orbital angle of a Ptarthian Orbit change depending on the presence or absence of a system (at least one)? The presence of one or more systems shifts the orbital by 45 degrees it seems.

A: Because someone (i.e., Keith) likes to know that I've descended into gibbering madness.

If you have a case where the issue is isolated and is easily noticeable, I'll see if I can track down what's up. 

Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #222 on: March 24, 2016, 12:41:45 am »
https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=18785

I not sure how critical it is. I'm just going to give everything a weapon. Who needs framerates higher than 10 anyway?

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #223 on: March 24, 2016, 01:10:18 am »
https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=18785

I not sure how critical it is. I'm just going to give everything a weapon. Who needs framerates higher than 10 anyway?

I dunno, but if it's something I can run down and improve on, I will.  If not I can at least add what I find to the case.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
« Reply #224 on: March 24, 2016, 07:33:23 am »
Am I dreaming or are there more administrators than regular forum members in there?
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk