Author Topic: Testers wanted  (Read 7779 times)

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
Testers wanted
« on: January 25, 2016, 03:34:28 pm »
So my mech is in a somewhat playable state.  The major systems are in and functional and it plays fairly well without trivializing the game.

I just want to get it out there and let some of the more experienced creators look at the work and give any critiques (please be nice).  :)

Any creators interested?

Anyway, here it is.

Use the sword in shops, unless you want to make Keeper angry

Edit: 6 folks grabbed it and one gave feedback.  Had hoped for a bit more.

Round 2.  It's pretty much where I want it.  Maybe a tweak or two based on feedback, if I get any this go ;)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 03:35:13 pm by Cinth »
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
Re: Testers wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 05:15:12 pm »
I'm working on reducing the overall shot count so attachments that add reload speed won't hit frames so hard.
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 05:52:24 pm »
Naturally I'll have a look at it, but that'll be later tonight.

Right now, I'm tapped out.   Bloody stupid bosses.  Ugh.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 05:55:33 pm »
No hurry.  Just want some feedback on it is all.  It's very much a WIP for now.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 12:59:47 am »
  • Is there a simple way to add it to the mech roster? I ended up switching names with the redblack mech. Although it might just needed me to reload at it would read the file first? No sure. I got it to work regardless.
  • I played 1 level using it.
  • Primary Weapon
    • The purple main gun effect is really pretty.
    • I enjoyed the aesthetic quite a lot.
    • However, the damage was low, and the secondary burst didn't feel like it contributed at all.
    • With bosses having 1500hp per level, it is going to take a lot of bullets.
  • Sword Secondary
    • The sword is still a work in progress, but I liked the idea and movement of the melee weapon.
    • I don't think it had enough power and I'd like to have infinite energy.
    • A mech with a sword (primary) and shield (secondary) weapon system with infinite uses of each would be neat.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 07:29:30 am »
  • Is there a simple way to add it to the mech roster? I ended up switching names with the redblack mech. Although it might just needed me to reload at it would read the file first? No sure. I got it to work regardless.
  • I played 1 level using it.
  • Primary Weapon
    • The purple main gun effect is really pretty.
    • I enjoyed the aesthetic quite a lot.
    • However, the damage was low, and the secondary burst didn't feel like it contributed at all.
    • With bosses having 1500hp per level, it is going to take a lot of bullets.
  • Sword Secondary
    • The sword is still a work in progress, but I liked the idea and movement of the melee weapon.
    • I don't think it had enough power and I'd like to have infinite energy.
    • A mech with a sword (primary) and shield (secondary) weapon system with infinite uses of each would be neat.

I just added the files to each folder and my mech showed up in the first slot, pushing Redshift off the list.  It would look like 2 Silver Gloss are there.  I believe Chris said that the same seeds the first 6 mechs it finds and Cinth comes before CMP.

How did the passives feel?  Or did you even notice them :)

MCFC- Effect -  :D    Damage - I had to start it low.  I originally had it left to Rain Canon's defaults and it was way to strong for a free weapon.  If you hit with the primary shot, the damage should be low but reasonable.  How did it feel to actually have to play Boss/ Miniboss fights?  Usually by the 3rd floor damage starts picking up and I have an attachment that makes the world go round (and still doesn't trivialize things).

Secondary - WIP sure.  It's a Guardian Blade with lower damage but a faster RoF and lower energy costs.  The PGB has shot canceling so it is very strong in a pinch, I'd have to take something to make it free. I already traded a bit of damage for the faster reload and lower cost.  I put this here because I didn't want folks to not have a way to break blocks in a shop without pissing off the keeper ;)  Originally, I was going to let it go for free and cut out the amount of energy the mech has. 

Things I'm contemplating for H Nova:

Moving the passives to an attachment slot.  Basically making the mech into a fixed systems mech without the fixed systems (say you wanted to change weapons for some reason). 
Drop to a 20*20 base pattern for now - and see what I can do about damage and RoF without being broken or tanking frame rates.  It will still be a slower firing weapon in general though.
Working on the secondary and energy system in general.  I do have an idea for it though.
Coming up with a leveling scheme (perks and whatnot). 

"Did someone call for a HERO!", said Emblazoned Golden Mech.
 Having a Sword and Board Mech is very possible.  But lets me get Nova finished, eh?

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 09:42:02 am »
So this is what happens by floor 5  : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m27TeFu7C9I

It's just Nova vs Warden, so you can imagine what happens to everything else.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 02:19:57 pm »
What were the damage multipliers you had? Was it mostly from leveling?
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 02:23:25 pm »
Pretty much.

I flashed to the menu screen @ 1:35 so you can see what modifiers were active.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 02:29:21 pm »
I had seen those, and that made me realize I don't recognize barely any of the upgrade icons. I also remembered I'm not very good at the game. I've never gotten past level 4.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 02:31:35 pm »
You can look them up in the images folder. Or I can, well, anyone can ;)

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 08:05:24 pm »
Well, I've settled in on a shot pattern that I'm going to use on all the AE systems.  It's pretty cool and fits the theme.  I've also settled on where I'm going to set the damage on the primary.

Left to do:  Kill crit on the primary.  Nope, you can't have it.  Fix 2 patterns and set up the secondary.  Tweak the level up perks to make sense with this mech and not Gloss.  Then should be ready for need feedback rnd 2!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2016, 11:39:10 pm »
V2 up for feedback in the OP.  Please give it a go!

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 12:51:48 am »
As I represent 100% of the feedback system, I feel obliged to respond.
Probably not tonight. I've got circles burned into my retinas. ;)
I'll plan on giving it a try tomorrow.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2016, 12:54:46 am »
I'm not touching it for a few days.

Actually, I'm starting on the melee mech (for better or worse) tomorrow.  I have some ideas that might make one playable.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk