General Category > Starward Rogue Mods & Modding

Room making questions

(1/2) > >>

Logorouge:
Is there an easy way to force the game to only spawn enemies from the expansion's selection in a test room?

Choosing the golden/crystalline floor styles still spawns whatever the game feels like spawning and I would prefer not having to tweak the spawning rules of every single enemy in the base game.

Pepisolo:

--- Quote from: Logorouge on October 10, 2017, 11:01:17 PM ---Is there an easy way to force the game to only spawn enemies from the expansion's selection in a test room?

Choosing the golden/crystalline floor styles still spawns whatever the game feels like spawning and I would prefer not having to tweak the spawning rules of every single enemy in the base game.

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, there's no legit way to do that. For my last room batch, I just deleted the relevant base enemy entity XML files, which produces a ton of errors on startup, but does the job. I can then just update via SVN to get those files back, but obviously you can't do that, so it becomes a little trickier. I think you're probably going to need to create a temporary enemy entity folder, minus the base game enemies, or something like that. You could set all those enemies to not seed, of course, but that's more work, yeah. We've had to do a lot of workaround style things to keep the expansion moving forward, which can be a bit inefficient, but at least it works, I guess. I could perhaps look into setting that up correctly in the engine myself, but having me looking at engine stuff is generally SUPER inefficient because of my very very basic coding knowledge.

Logorouge:

--- Quote from: Pepisolo on October 11, 2017, 12:33:09 PM ---For my last room batch, I just deleted the relevant base enemy entity XML files, which produces a ton of errors on startup, but does the job.

--- End quote ---
Perfect, that's an easy way to do it. I just didn't think the game would have let me rip some parts off like that and still run a test room. Thank you.

Logorouge:
New question: Is there a way to test the "after victory" part in a test room?

I want to make sure everything clears out correctly and that the performance is acceptable too. Can't do that if it instantly resets everything on victory.

Pepisolo:

--- Quote from: Logorouge on October 18, 2017, 05:14:30 PM ---New question: Is there a way to test the "after victory" part in a test room?

I want to make sure everything clears out correctly and that the performance is acceptable too. Can't do that if it instantly resets everything on victory.

--- End quote ---

I don't think so, no. We just need to catch any problems like that during testing, I think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version