Author Topic: More mechs  (Read 55739 times)

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
Re: More mechs
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2016, 10:11:06 am »
Cool! I'm glad that you're happy that the mech is (very probably) being added. :)

-Roulette: Considering its random perk selection, I'm not sure having an unique one lost among all that would be worth it. Anyway, you could expand on the random nature of the mech with something like that random consumable ability you proposed in the 1.502 beta thread. Sounded fun.

The perfect perk would probably be a complete perk reroll perk. So, in case you don't like your current perks, you might have an option to reroll everything -- not sure how we would do that in the engine, though, unfortunately.

-Penumbra: Many possibilities for this one. I only gave him a partial set of abilities compared to the real Risky Assassin. The special perks could allow him to complete that set (including stealth on room entry, range (maybe not that one), bouncy shots, etc). Or it could be fun to encourage the risk-taking aspect with some major offense bonus on room entry. But I have to say I'm biased toward a stealth ability.

I'm considering some kind of smoke bomb ability instead of a launcher. That would be easy enough to do, the only problem is how would a smoke bomb break through missile blocks? One more thing, since this mech is the ultimate glass cannon, how about the art looking like a glass ninja? We could make the mech transparent and give it a glassy appearance, that seems like a cool look rather than just being a standard ninja style mech. We could then perhaps call it the Glassassin, heh! It's either that, or go with a more traditional shadow style mech, probably. Or still have a glassy look, but also go with the shadowy feel...if that's possible, not sure. Just some thoughts. I'm going to lean heavily towards whatever appearance you want, given that you designed the mech, of course. If you prefer more of a shadow mech then cool, I'm just throwing out some thoughts.

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2016, 10:41:22 am »
I'm considering some kind of smoke bomb ability instead of a launcher. That would be easy enough to do, the only problem is how would a smoke bomb break through missile blocks?
Oh, I really like the smoke bomb idea. If you make it a large enough smoke "blast" around the mech, it could be an effective bullet/block clearing method with an added stealth effect on the mech. Powerful, but limited in range.

One more thing, since this mech is the ultimate glass cannon, how about the art looking like a glass ninja? We could make the mech transparent and give it a glassy appearance, that seems like a cool look rather than just being a standard ninja style mech. We could then perhaps call it the Glassassin, heh! It's either that, or go with a more traditional shadow style mech, probably. Or still have a glassy look, but also go with the shadowy feel...if that's possible, not sure. Just some thoughts. I'm going to lean heavily towards whatever appearance you want, given that you designed the mech, of course. If you prefer more of a shadow mech then cool, I'm just throwing out some thoughts.
Honestly, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to visuals. But I tend to think the mech's name and/or description should be reflected in its abilities rather than its looks. Just like Indigo Dipole doesn't have the appearance of a magnet and Flametank doesn't look like a flame or a tank, I'm not sure you should be too literal in the appearance of the assassin mech. If it's made by Blue it will probably look great either way, but I don't know. Sorry for being so indecisive. :P

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2016, 12:45:47 pm »
No worries, I'm sure Blue will come up with something awesome. I think a shadowy assassin mech made of glass might be cool. Smoke bomb launcher will probably work, too.

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2017, 09:51:44 pm »
While working on updating my mechs to take advantage of the perk overhaul, I was stuck in a dilemma. So to take my mind off things (and hopefully come back with a solution), I made a thing. So here's a new mech. (file at the beginning of the thread)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 01:26:07 pm by Logorouge »

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2017, 09:52:13 pm »
Updated Rex to v1.4, finally converting his perk selection to the overhaul, added the latest bells and whistles that are now standard for all the original mechs and changed his stats to match the mech description.
Also updated Behemoth to v1.1, converting to the perk overhaul, bells and whistles included.

Of course, the mech pack will now include their latest versions. Enjoy! (files at the beginning of the thread)

Arsenal will probably be the next to get an update.

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2017, 10:40:07 pm »
Change of plan!
Updated Penumbra to v1.1 and the mech pack to include it now. (files at the beginning of the thread)

For this one I took a different approach for the levelup perks. Instead of replacing the whole thing with the same perk lineup everyone already use, I converted his current selection to their overhauled versions and replaced some near-useless perks to more fitting ones. I also sprinkled new perks around to add more varied/interesting choices. Test runs went well but I'm curious to hear some thoughts on the results. Oh, I also added the new standard systems to this mech too.

Anyway, if you enjoy playing with this mech, don't forget to thank Misery. If he had not created the Risky Assassin incredibility, I don't think Penumbra would exist.

Edit:
Updated Arsenal to v1.2, newest perks + bells and whistles, files at the beginning, yada yada. You know the drill. :)
Oh, the mech pack is up to date too. Have fun!

Edit 2:
This is it. The update to Alpha (aka Roulette) is done, meaning all of them have been updated to use the perk overhaul! All files are now available at the beginning of the thread.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 09:15:44 pm by Logorouge »

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2017, 11:57:58 am »
In preparation for the next Starward Rogue update and thanks to Ethervil's feedback during his LP, I updated Rex to v1.5!
The mech might have been missile-themed before, but his perk selection wasn't. So that problem was rectified.

As usual, the mech pack was also updated and the files are available at the beginning of the thread. Hope you enjoy.

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2017, 08:55:26 pm »
The incoming expansion got me in the mood to make another mech, so here it is:

-Blacksmith Mech Grimm-
"Good energy reserves, but not the most durable model. Able to obtain weapon systems from locked chests and make new equipment while leveling."

I particularly enjoy swapping weapons during a run, as often as possible. Consequence: This mech revolves entirely around providing you with as much weaponry as you will ever want.

But after seeing the new art for the expansion's mechs, I decided that a mere palette swap wasn't gonna cut it for this mech so I put a little extra time on it. I'm pretty happy with the result, let me know what you think.

Files are as always at the beginning of the thread and the mech pack was kept up to date. Have fun.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 09:17:46 pm by Logorouge »

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2017, 10:23:53 pm »
Uh, I don't quite get what the mech makes so special. he get's... more weapons? Is the weapon drop rate higher on him than for other items?

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2017, 11:03:42 pm »
Uh, I don't quite get what the mech makes so special. he get's... more weapons? Is the weapon drop rate higher on him than for other items?
Long story short, the mech has perks that give him weaponry when you pick them. You get to decide if you want him to make you a main gun or an energy weapon or an attack drone. The content of all locked chests also becomes completely weapon-related (weaponshop items to be precise) instead of the usual selection. So, weapon galore.

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2017, 06:35:50 pm »
The thread was just updated to remove the download links of the old versions for Penumbra and Alpha. I also removed them from the mech pack.

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2018, 09:56:54 pm »
In preparation for the Unlock Overhaul (2.500 update), here's an update for the Arsenal mech and the Mech Pack! (files at the beginning of the thread)

Arsenal has now been fused with the Blacksmith mech Grimm, gaining some new abilities and changing others.
The two biggest changes are that the mech can now forge itself new weapons at levelups and that it cannot use secondary weapons anymore, focusing all its power on main weapons.

Before you download this new version, please make sure you have the Unlock Overhaul installed (2.500 update) and remove the Blacksmith mech Grimm if you had previously installed it.
Relevant code has been added to Arsenal to ensure savegame compatibility.

If you'd rather not upgrade Arsenal and keep the Grimm mech installed or you got some MinibotSchematics error after launching the game with the new update, you can simply manually update Grimm by following these instructions:

-Find the "a_Logo_Perks.xml" file. (Location: Starward Rogue\RuntimeData\Configuration\GameEntity)
-Open the file with any text editor (even Notepad).
-Toward the end of the document, replace "MinibotSchematics" with "FamiliarSchematics".
-Save the change and you're all done!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 09:22:03 pm by Logorouge »

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2020, 11:16:43 am »
Whoops. The mechs downloads in the first posts broke at some point.
Re-uploaded the files and it should now be fixed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk